2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Normally I would like Watford to get promoted because there is usually a shortage of yellow teams but Norwich are there now so I don't really care. I hope Hull go up so there can be an orange team. And the league also needs a green team. Plymouth Argyle?

• Like 1

I could do without seeing Steve Bruce's big, fat, horrible potato head on MOTD again, tbf.

It'll be fine. He'll be sacked by Christmas. He's only succeeded this year because they've spent a lot... They're not going to be able to afford to do that in the premier league.

Yeah he's still got it

That's what they chant.

Indeed they could. I just see more pressing needs.

I would have thought a top class GK was at the top of the priority list. As well as a commanding CB.

Personally, I feel the biggest need is on the back line. Addressing that would be addressing some of the issues that have stalled Szczęsny and Fabiański's progress. With a proper back line I think either of them is more than capable. IMO their ups/downs aren't all that different than De Gea's.

We also need another ST. A true ST. Podolski is a CF and Walcott is an outside attacker. Giroud is streaky ... we need another true top man.

Cesars been immense every time I've watched QPR, he must have been dogshit in those I didn't if he's had an atrocious season.

I've always seen striker and centre forward as interchangeable, a goal scorer. Mind you, anything behind that is just complicated these days, 'he plays off the striker', 'classic number 10', 'in the hole', 'free role' etc and that's without even going into whatever the higher up wingers like Duff and Robben at Chelsea are called. Stupid modern football.

Edited by Colly

What is the difference between an ST and an CF. :/

Players that are referred to as a centre forward typically fit into the Alan a shearer mould. Podolski doesn't.

I think he is using FIFA talk, in which a CF is essentially a false nine.

He's had a few howlers but other than that I think he's had a pretty good season. QPR would probably have been worse off without him, but let's not get in to what ifs.

Joe Hart has had so many howlers this season for both City and England, I've lost count. But he's still a really good keeper, and a great 13/14 season would see him regarded as the best in the league - it's just the way it goes.

What is the difference between an ST and an CF. :/

Players that are referred to as a centre forward typically fit into the Alan a shearer mould. Podolski doesn't.

Podolski plays forward, ahead of the midfield. He's not an out and out striker though as he's not a hold up guy and doesn't push further up the field than anyone else. He's not particularly the target man and doesn't play as such. He plays off the ST ... and while he's been thrown outside, he's much more effective playing right under the target man.

Would you prefer 2nd ST ?

I don't think it matters if someone is an out-and-out attacker or a false 9 or whatever, if they play up front and they score goals, what does it matter? We're still too hung up on the idea of the classic striker when nowadays you've got three attacking midfielders playing behind one lone striker. Hell, I'd have Heskey up front if he got 20 assists a season and the three guys behind him were banging them in.

• Like 1