2013 Summer Transfer Thread

You're just bitter a 9 year old Brazilian beat you to the scoop.

• Like 9

Lineker to CAWS.ws for a bag of Haribo and a signed photo of Kirkland!

- The Mirror.

• Like 1

It's not entirely off the mark, them signing Drogba and Sneijer in the same transfer seemed bizarre but they seem to be able to afford a marquee player or two, and as long as Sneijer goes (for roughly the same price or more) they'll have the wage structure to fit Robben in. Presumably they're offsetting the wages with Champions League money, sponsorship and shirt sales.

Yeah to be fair Robben to Galatasaray is a pretty believable rumour. He won't get much of a look in next season at Bayern, he's approaching 30 and Galatsaray have two former teammates and pay good wages.

I heard we (AFC Bournemouth) are signing Charlie Austin.

Laugh to your hearts content, but this guy told me about Eddie Howe coming back 3 days before it hit the press, so ...

Here's hoping. We definetly stay up with him and Pitman up top.

• Like 1

It was rumoured back in January and those rumours resurfaced again a few days ago.

I really cannot see it happening. Austin is surely worth upwards of about £6-7million. Surely you don't have that much money to spend on one player?

In final year of his contract.

I've heard between 3-4mil, but he wants it to happen. He's been back in and around town ever since being at Swindon, he's been to our ground to visit the players since EH came back and his old man was a guest of AFC Bournemouth for the Carlisle game that clinched promotion.

What I've heard is we approached Burnley in January but they told us to feck off but we'll come back in for him this summer.

Not that you guys are interested in the amazing Eredivisie but Ajax say that they will go after Van Ginkel from Vitesse and Adam Maher (amazing player) from AZ Alkmaar after the season is over. They think the will sell Eriksen so they need replacements.

Anyone knows if there are clubs interested in Eriksen?

Just read a story that Mourinho will bring Xabi Alonso with him should he return to Chelsea. Praying that's just paper talk because I don't think my heart could take that. :(

The Independent (which is where I read it at least) seem to have been going out of their way to produce lovely, optimistic rumour stories for Chelsea fans (e.g. Mourinho nailed on, Lampard to be offered new contract, good player links, etc. etc.). This doesn't make them any more accurate than over papers, but it allows us these few weeks to dream...