2013 Summer Transfer Thread

So Robert Lewandowski's agent has said he's agreed to move away from Dortmund and that he isn't going to the Premier League, so that leaves him either going to Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern or PSG.

Strange considering it was only three hours ago that his agent apparently said a move to the PL in the 'future' is almost a certainty but 'not this summer'. In other words, more sheer amounts of bollocks, which means he could still end up absolutely anywhere.

I thought the German league had to be at least 50% or something similiar fan run. All of Bayerns fans must shit gold the amount of transfer fees they have racked up so far.

The 50+1 rule that is in effect in Germany sees any surplus that is generated by the club stays in the club and doesn't go off to pay an owners debts or fund any other venture. Given how well Bayern have done in recent years it is easy to imagine that they have an abundance of cash lying around. Plus when Pep was announced as taking over the Munich reigns there was talk in the Bild that he would have a transfer kitty of over a hundred million Euros at his disposal.

If it's Bayern then that pretty much makes the Bundesliaga unfair on everybody else. They'll absolutely piss the league again next year by an even greater margain.

I have no problem with this.

If they do get him, along with Gotze ? Bwahahahahahahahahaha that's glorious.

Really? Just as the league was drumming up outside interest its going to go back to a one horse race. Dortmund have been a great team to follow the last few years and its a shame they're being dismantled.

Edited by ZJ Penn

Really? Just as the league was drumming up outside interest its going to go back to a one horse race. Dortmund have been a great team to follow the last few years and its a shame they're being dismantled.

The overall competitiveness of the league is there. I'm a Bayern Munich fan, so yeah ... seeing them destroy people doesn't hurt my feelings at all. I love the Bundesliga and it's my favorite European league. Every year there's a team from the bottom of the table either pushing the title race or crashing a European slot.

It's very "American" in terms of teams cycling through (Stuttgart/Leverkusen/Schalke/Dortmund) and having 3-5 year runs.

Lewandowski supposedly agreed terms with Bayern weeks ago, Dortmund are just being stubborn because they don't want to sell anorther one of their best players to their rivals, which is fair enough. In FM terms I think they're clicking the "Stall Offer" button every week hoping that a foreign side comes in for him.

If Bayern get Lewandowksi as well at Gotze, their squad will be absolutely ridiculous. People have been saying they'll win the league every season for years and it's never quite happened, but it'd hard to see anybody ever challenging them with the players they've got now surely.