2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Reason for no Wisdom seems to be Carragher. Rodgers likes his on pitch communication and he's generally been the best he's been in years.

In particular, Martin Kelly's probably better off not trying to be a fullback/wingback. He is just not quite up for it. Plus he keeps busting himself playing in a position that requires him to do a lot of running.

Flanagan is a bit, eh and Robinson has not really had much of a chance in the first team.

It still doesn't excuse the fact that more experienced players would be useful over relying too much on 17-20 year olds who have mostly played under 21 football.

That's not to dismiss them outright but but there has to be a balance with youth players. They tend to be inconsistent and over playing them is risky.

While Sturridge and Coutinho are young too, they've actually got a bit more experience than most of Liverpools under 21s. And they're still not perfect.

Edit: Downing as a Dirk Kuyt type winger? Downing is an English winger. He's not got the intelligence of Dirk Kuyt.

oh shit, that was nerf. he'll take it personal and start a fight that i cba with.

downing is a wonderful defensive hardworking winger.

>_>

nb. i'm playing. <3 nerf.

:shifty:

But, no, seriously, he's totally changed his game. He works harder than pretty much everyone not named Luis Suarez now, and I see him covering Johnson far more than I see him making forward runs :P

Never seen a player dive out of tackles more than Downing. The lad stood off the pitch, next to the goal, and avoided stepping forward (he was literally that close to the pitch) to block a pass across the box. He's a wuss.

Never seen a player dive out of tackles more than Downing. The lad stood off the pitch, next to the goal, and avoided stepping forward (he was literally that close to the pitch) to block a pass across the box. He's a wuss.

Oh, he totally was. I was his biggest detractor last season, but since we played you at Anfield, he's been an entirely new player.

I think we definitely need a left back. I'm not at all sold on Enrique, I'd rather Johnson stayed on the right and and Robinson is too raw. Two centre backs as well and decent cover for Lucas. Could probably do with another decent attacking player but eh, I'd say the defence is the priority if we keep Suarez.

I'd be surprised if Sinclair can play football again, I heard his legs had petrified due to sitting on the bench for such a long period of time.

He's a real life Football Manager 'only made X league appearences since signing, costing the club a princely £X per match'.

He's probably going to demand astronomical wages now, too. He was suppose to be a replacement for Johnson, wasn't he? Yet Johnson actually played now and again.

Perhaps if Man City would have had a better season he would've got more game time but because they've been so poor they haven't really been able to afford to rest anybody.