2013 Summer Transfer Thread

I genuinely can't see Bale staying at Spurs, especially now CL qualification looks impossible.

If we beat Chelsea it's in our hands to fuck up. So I wouldn't say impossible. But it's gonna be tough.

With Modric, we kept him for a season after the whole rumour went around of him wanting to leave. Like Lineker, I do think it'll take a ridiculous offer from abroad to get him to sell him. Just can't see him going anywhere in England with Levy in charge.

Also, if we can turn down 40mil for Modric one season, we can definitely get over 50 mil for Bale - a British player who is considerably younger and just did a full sweep of all the awards. I'm not saying any player should be worth it, but compared to other players' fees, and with the form he's in at his age, I'd be upset with anything less than 50. And still I think that'd be too low.

I know you don't want to think otherwise, but Bale is worth more than Suarez. No one is talking about Suarez in the same price brackets as Bale. It's not a question if the valuation is correct or not, but in the industry's eyes, Bale is worth more than he is. It's a tough pill to swallow, but I don't see how it can be disputed.

I disagree.

I think more clubs in Europe would be willing to take a punt on Saurez. Which makes him more valuable in my eyes. I can't see the big CL teams wanting Bale at this stage but I could see Barca, Real, Bayern, etc, being interested in Saurez.

Nobody but Spurs fans are putting these ridiculous valuations on Bale, whereas Suarez actually has a £40m price tag.

It's worth remembering that Suarez is only two years older than Bale.

Also, do you really think Madrid or whoever are going to pay a "British premium?"

I'd love it if that ends up being the case cos Bale's not going anywhere then.

Nobody but Spurs fans are putting these ridiculous valuations on Bale, whereas Suarez actually has a £40m price tag.

are you trolling me? because if so, then I'm totally not getting the sarcasm.

Like every article written about Bale, by noted non-spurs fans, is quoting a minimum of 50mil figure, going up to 100. They've mentioned it on match of the day, on sky; numerous pundits have said it. It's not a thing Spurs fans have pulled out of their ass.

This is getting boring.

I'm not saying that's what's gonna happen.

I'm saying that's what's been written.

And not by Spurs fans.

My opinion is we won't sell him for less than 50. So if people don't think anyone will bid that then I'm happy cos we'll keep him.

And if he'd have stayed fit he would've been England's all time top goal scorer, and more than likely won a shit load of other awards.

But you're right, we should knock 15 mil off just in case Bale gets injured. :)

I love how you ignored my counter point to the Owen comment and moved onto something else.

And of course we're going to take pride in the awards. For now at least, he's our player. It's stupid to think that you wouldn't celebrate your player winning awards. You'd do the same, and rightfully so, if Benteke had picked up an award (and he should have.)

You're just getting more and more ridiculous and I'm pretty sure I'm not even being that biased.

So lemme get this straight: Gareth Bale who was born in Cardiff, supported Manchester United as a boy and was trained by Southampton is a Spurs player through and through because he's spent six years at Spurs and signed a long term contract with Spurs in 2012?

Actually, he signed a four and a half year contract in March 2011, but signed a four year contract in June 2012, if anything that was just renegotiating the terms of his previous contract... or a six month extension.

I know you don't want to think otherwise, but Bale is worth more than Suarez. No one is talking about Suarez in the same price brackets as Bale. It's not a question if the valuation is correct or not, but in the industry's eyes, Bale is worth more than he is. It's a tough pill to swallow, but I don't see how it can be disputed.

Don't call football an industry. Typical spurs fan. All about the money. :/

gareth-bale-pfa-player-of-the-year-totte

He is a really ugly fucker. Why would any other team even want him? :/
  • Like 3