PSN Classics RPG - which one?

Liam

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which PSN Classic RPG should I buy?

• La Pucelle: Tactics
    • Chrono Cross
    • Odin Sphere
    • Threads of Fate
    • Legend of Mana
    • Xenogears
    • Grandia
    • Suikoden

Since I bought some American dollars to use in the PSN store, I felt that it would be necessary to throw this question over to you, more knowledgeable, people, to help me consider which classic RPG to pick up.

In the list, I haven't included any FF game (played them all), the Disgaea games (played them all) Wild Arms, Chrono Trigger and Breath of Fire IV (played them). Otherwise, this is the list as far as I can tell - if there are any obvious ones missing, let me know.

On this list, I have played none of them outside of Suikoden - Suikoden is the only one of the ones I have played that I'd be willing to chance again, especially as I'm not 100% sure I played the original.

So yeah, help me decide.

EDIT: And yeah, I know they cater towards different people, have different styles, whatever....I just want a sense of what people think is worth playing again.

Of those, I found it hard to get into Chrono Cross, Xenogears and Suikoden. I had a fair bit of fun with the first Grandia game, though the second one is pretty wonderful. I went with Grandia because it's the one I probably had most fun with, any I haven't mentioned I haven't tried.

Chrono Cross is... okay. It's not nearly as good as Chrono Trigger, but only about three or four games are. <_< If you're into collecting dozens and dozens of characters and playing through more than once, it's pretty good, but its connection to Chrono Trigger is surprisingly tenuous and it has the most clusterfucky plot this side of Metal Gear Solid. I'm into collecting a ton of characters, and some of the ones in Chrono Cross are fantastic (ZOAH), but it's a crowded game and a lot of them suck.

And you can't plant sheep in it.

I will say that if it comes down to Chrono Cross or Suikoden, go with Suikoden, as it does "get a zillion characters" a whole lot better. But I still voted for Odin Sphere because it is so good.

Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.

Got Persona 3 to play through, was looking for something different.

Well, they're different albeit more in the way that FF6 is different than FF10, but fair enough.

I loved Chrono Cross, there were lots of fun little side stories you can get with characters. Glenn's sidequest is awesome and results in amazing weapons.

That being said, Suikoden.

Legend of Dragoon is on PSN. Was originally a 4 disc game so it's quite long.