TEW2013: Real World Update: June 2013

One very little thing I found Naoki Tanisaki and Naoki Tanizaki are both listed are they the same person?

No. Two different people.

Takuya Tomakomai has played the following workers, Naoki Tanisaki and Tomahawk T.T. .But all three are listed as different workers.Two of them need deleting and adding as alter egos for Takuya.

One very little thing I found Naoki Tanisaki and Naoki Tanizaki are both listed are they the same person?

Takuya Tomakomai has played the following workers, Naoki Tanisaki and Tomahawk T.T. .But all three are listed as different workers.Two of them need deleting and adding as alter egos for Takuya.

Naoki Tanisaki and Naoki Tanizaki are two different people.

Naoki Tanisaki and Naoki Tanizaki are two different people.

Yes I realise that but Takuya Tomakomai , Naoki Tanisaki and Tomahawk T.T. are all the same person and all three are listed as different workers.

I know it'd be hard to get it exactly right, but I think it should be kept in the right sort of range at least where TNA can't score more than a 3.0 rating in it's first week of the game. I have no problems with WWE's overness levels as I agree with the stats for the most part, although WWE can score a 10.0 rating in it's first week of the game. I just feel in TNA's case the overness are a little generous in some places and if the overness was real then TNA would have no problem drawing serious money in real life.

Charisma has already said he doesn't really have time to do the tweaks it'd need with over 3000 workers in the database (and company modifications as well. I think it could work being done as a gradual thing (I am sure it'd take a few months to get everything close to right, stats are going to be subjective for example) and am happy to help with sections to bring it into a uniform feel but it's likely it'd take someone to pretty much redo a whole mod to bring it in to check.

I know it'd be impossible to edit all the workers to get it exactly right and I have no problems with the in-ring stats as they're pretty much in the right range for the most part, maybe change the tv networks section instead to make it harder to score high ratings?

Ratings are tied to company popularity and TV network so lowering those will lower ratings though ratings are meaningless in the game and it tells you that it isn't set to emulate the real life rating values

So, it's probably time to start creating the Wrestling Is network of promotions with all the Chikara happenings. I've only seen Wrestling Is Fun shows myself, anybody have more experience with the rest of the promotions?

We also might want to think about cutting the seven promotions down to maybe three or so to not bog down the data.

I know tiny bits about each of the Wrestling Is promotions - it might be worth looking at older scenarios and borrowing some stats from their former incarnations (i.e. Pro Wrestling Respect for Wrestling Is Respect), if possible.

I have a vague idea of who owns/books a few of them, too, if that's any help, though the ownership structure may be hard to replicate as I'm not sure if TEW lets owners work on open contracts?

An owner can have an open contract with their company, yes. The only owners/bookers I think that I know are Dasher for Fun, Delirious for Respect (or maybe Daizee Haze?), and Billy Roc (who isn't in the data) for whichever used to be School of Roc.

Delirious is owner for Respect; Daizee's just generally around in some capacity because she's good friends with Delirious, basically.

I'm not sure on the ownership for Wrestling Is Art, as it appears to be a genuinely new promotion, rather than "out of the ashes" of others. Colt is involved quite high up, but he's definitely not the owner or booker. Similarly for Wrestling Is Cool, I know very little about that one.

Wrestling Is Awesome was once Main Event Wrestling, Real Action Wrestling and "The Pac-Man Wrestling Federation". I'm not even sure that last one ever existed, as there seems to be nothing on the web. If anyone knows anything about any of those promotions, we should be able to figure out a rough idea of ownership from there? The only reference to Real Action Wrestling I can find is a Canadian promotion, so doubt it's that.

Wrestling Is Heart is Billy Roc - could probably do with adding him, and possibly some of his trainees, to the data at some point, though someone else would probably have to suggest stats!

Wrestling Is Intense were once FIGHT Pro, or else are an offshoot of it - there still appears to be a FIGHT Pro running, so no idea if they're the same company!

Can someone be set to be the owner, on an open contract, of numerous promotions? I've never tried, though I'd have thought not - as I wonder if Quack should be set up either as owner, potential founder, or booker for some of them. He's none of those things, really, but his role is difficult to quantify within the game.

I don't have the game to hand, but I remember editing a few CHIKARA relationships the last time I played it. Long shot, but if anyone has any idea off-hand, or has the game open, to say what CHIKARA-centric relationships are already in the game, I can come up with some more, or else I can just list a whole bunch, some of which might be in the game already...

One problem with Respect is that Delirious should be the ROH booker and you cant hold a booker/owner position in 2 promotions. A suggesgion would be to group some of the promotions into 2's or 3's based on style or location, the only problem with that is you can impose brands on promotions that low, the AI will end them.

Thank you for your hard work as always. You're a great, great asset to this community.

Ayumi Kurihara announced she'll be retiring August 4th. So I don't know if you want to set her to retired or wait until the August/September updates.

http://shimmerwrestling.blogspot.com/2013/03/ayumi-kurihara-announces-retirement.html

Even though Allison Danger retired she said she's staying with SHIMMER. So I think you should re-add her to the company and put her back as booker.

http://www.diva-dirt.com/2013/04/10/allison-danger-to-retire/

Jesse Sorenson says hes hopeful that he might he return to the ring by the end of the year. So I'd set him back to Active instead of Retired, since at the very least he doesn't seem to have closed to the book on his in-ring career.

http://www.sescoops.com/jesse-sorensen-talks-about-his-neck-injury-when-hell-return-to-the-ring/80906

Natalya and Tyson Kidd will be married soon so they should be set to engaged at least.

http://www.diva-dirt.com/2013/06/13/wwe-diva-engaged-celebrates-bachelorette-party-in-vegas/

Found some more doubles in the database:

- Relampago and Relámpago

- Octagoncito and Octagóncito I

- Triton and Tritón

It looks like you made the same mistake I make when I import people in from one database to another. I get screwed on the accents. :)

Suicide in TNA should have a mask set for him.

It should be "Aces and Eights", not "Ace's and Eight's".

Edited by galacticgonzo

Not 100% sure how your OVW is set up but I read though an article in FSM about OVW, their trainers are

Rip Rogers - Head Trainer

Trailer Park Trash - Intermediates

Nick Dinsmore - Newcommers

Al Snow - Weekly seminars

So based on this I'd suggest Danny Davis as owner with Rip as booker, it also have Doug Williams down as a trainer but thats obviously before he got let go by TNA.

I don't know how you'd want to work Davis/Snow. Snow is a TNA agent who does work at OVW too while Davis is the OVW owner who now does some work in TNA. I figure with Davis you just give him open contracts with OVW and TNA and make him owner of OVW so he stays put. With Snow do you give him a written deal with TNA, a developmental deal with OVW, or two open contracts?

Thanks for feedback so far, this month I decided to listened to the advise the Derek B's Mod Making Guide http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524746 and gave it a go tidying up the overness of people,

here are some examples of the new look overness for at least USA/Canada/UK anyway:

A* = Surpasses wrestling/megastar, headliner in any company. You'll be lucky to get more than one of these per generation, For now ive set The Rock and Steve Austin here

A = Huge star, headliner in any company. These are the top guys, so like John Cena (94 close to A* range), Edge, Brock Lesnar, Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Undertaker (open to move him to A*), Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Vince McMahon

B+ = Big name star, headliner in any company - CM Punk (88 close to A range), Randy Orton, Ric Flair, Sting, Chris Jericho

B = Big name star, main eventer at National, headliner in cult level company like TNA, This is where WWE's second tier of top guys sit for the most part. so it contains people like: Bret Hart, Daniel Bryan, Batista, Kane, Dolph Ziggler, Big Show, Rey Mysterio, Mark Henry, and Mick Foley is just in that range.

C+ = uppercarder in National, main eventer in cult: so contains the likes of Goldberg, Bully Ray, Del Rio, The Miz, Ryback, Shane/Steph McMahon (open to move them up),

C = For the WWE this is still the upper end of the midcard, for a cult level company this is still higher than their own actual popularity a lot of the time, You will find people like Booker T, Cody Rhodes, Damian Sandow, Kevin Nash, RVD, Paul Heyman, Christian, AJ Styles, DDP, Trish Stratus, and some others here.

C- = Midcard in a National level company for the most part, main event level for cults and strong headliners for smaller indy companies, The likes of The Shield, Kofi Kingston, AJ Lee, R-Truth, JBL, Jack Swagger, Dusty Rhodes, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, John Morrison plus a lot more

D+ = Midcarder for the WWE, starting to get down to the level where even they can't push comedy people past for long. Still pretty good level for guys in TNA along with various other WWE castoffs. E.g. Santino, Wade Barrett, Rampage Jackson (For now), Great Muta, Curtis Axel, Antonio Cesaro, Abyss, James Storm, plus loads more

D and D- = Getting towards the undercard for the WWE and hitting the TNA midcard, At the indy level, getting to this means you are pretty much the king of the indy scene, Tons of workers here like Alex Shelley, Carlito, Devon, Chris Sabin, Davey Richards, Eric Young, Tons of Funk, Fandango, Matt Hardy, Mr Andereson, Samoa Joe, Colt Cabana to name a few

E+/E/E- = Most talented indy guys that have been wrestling for years, various cast offs from the WWE who never made it very far, so like: Adam Cole, Charlie Haas, Goldust, Fergal Devitt, Jay Lethal, and many many more

WWE NXT changes via that overness guide:

Top guy is Alex Riley, only due to his wwe run, he is set at D level so if called up would fit in the midcard level, the other top people are all set around E Plus now, these include Curt Hawkins, Sami Zayn, Kassius Ohno, Adrian Neville, and The Wyatt Family (However his Trio will be improved when they finally arrive on the main roster)

For TNA Overness I gave there overness based on two things really:

1, how there push is and 2, if WWE signed them where they would be on the roster, that's why Kurt Angle, Sting, Jeff Hardys and Hogans are quite high. And People like Bully Ray, AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Abyss and Jeff Jarrett are set as the main/upper level, closer followed by James Storm, Magnus, Devon, Anderson, Daniels, and a few others

Promotion Levels Changed:

WWE is now B- (75) most the world, with a couple of A's in places, making them a National Size, however they pull decent ratings so doesn't take long for the company to grow. Also edited the Product and TV/Match ratio is 60% now, so when booking Raw that's about 72minutes of angles on a 180 minute show, and SD 48 minutes of angles on a 120 minute show

TNA Is now D+ in most USA, B- in South East, and due to there fairly decent tv ratings and tours are set to C+in the whole of the UK, The company is now at CULT level however u can still sign workers to written deals.

ROH overness is lowered to make the Regional, but are at the top level of that scale and often get to Cult size fairly quickly

Chikara ran a show in June http://www.cagematch.net/?id=8&nr=18&page=8 so not removing them for now

Wrestlers Stats is what I want to work on eventually, hopefully people will enjoy the new look, its should be more realistic and the AI seems to get decent ratings for WWE and TNA do ok aswell and seem to book shows around the B- area, if people wanna suggest what someones overness should be feel free

I can't thank you enough for your continued effort to making these monthly updates. The news on the popularity adjustments is great to hear. I think that was the main problem a lot of the critics had. Should be pretty fun to try it out. Thanks again cpt. charisma.

2CW CHANGES:
NAME CHANGES
RENAME PETE D. ORDER TO PETER D. ORDER
RENAME ERIC M. TIMMINS TO ERIC MAHONEY TIMMINS
TITLE CHANGES
TEAM CK (SEAN CARR & KAGE) DEF. PUNISHER VANSLYKE & KEVIN GRAHAM FOR THE 2CW TAG TEAM TITLES ON 06/24/2013.
(Pun and Graham's reign lasted from Feb 15. 2013 - June 24, 2013)
ROSTER CHANGES:
ADD COLT TOOMBS
ADD MICKEY JAMES
ADD JOHNNY GARGANO
ADD RODDY PIPER
NEW WORKERS:

Colt_Toombs_zps7736d489.jpg
COLT TOOMBS
AGE 20
BIRTH MONTH: ???
MIDDLE WEIGHT
MMA CROSS-OVER
This is Roddy Piper's son. I'd give him below average skills across the board since he is a rookie, except a boost in MMA skill as he has fought 5 MMA fights.
Maybe give him a small amount of popularity based on who his dad is as Piper has traveled with him to the wrestling shows he has been on.

Bio:

The son of the legendary "Hot Rod," Rowdy Roddy Piper, professional wrestling is in Colt Toombs' blood. From his teens, the second generation grappler has been preparing for a career in Mixed Martial Arts, having officially turned pro at the age of twenty. His MMA aspirations haven't made him shy away from stepping into the ring though, as the young upstart has shown an eagerness to bring his MMA game to the squared circle. His deceptive power has even knocked out a number of arrogant journeymen veterans with one punch including Oregon wrestler "Gentleman" George Michael.

EVENTS:
7/12/13: 2CW's Bagpipes & Boilermakers
7/13/13: 2CW's Big Event III
8/17/13: 2CW's Take 'em to the Woodshed
9/13/13: 2CW's Unfinished Business
9/14/13: 2CW's Higher Education
11/2/13: 2CWATHON IPPV
RELATIONSHIPS:
ADD BLOOD RELATIVE BETWEEN RODDY PIPER AND COLT TOOMBS
PPV PROVIDER:
LSV_zps542d95af.jpg
ADD LIVESPORTSVIDEO.COM (low level, tiny range in the US and Canada) AND GIVE 2CW AN AGREEMENT WITH THEM

I can't thank you enough for your continued effort to making these monthly updates. The news on the popularity adjustments is great to hear. I think that was the main problem a lot of the critics had. Should be pretty fun to try it out. Thanks again cpt. charisma.

no problem, well hopefully after a month or 2 I can sort the overness out and everyone will be happy

If you want to clean up the popularity of general indy guys, I'd reccomend somewhere between 5-10 generally and maybe capping at 20 for a region, that way they would be over for a promotion/region but not over as much as some of the bigger indy stars generally.

Damn you! I had just about managed to make my own tweaked version of your mod to meet my personal tastes. Now you announce you've adjusted the overness in a way that really appeals to me so I get to start over. Why must you constantly do awesome work that makes me want to try each month's mod anew instead of getting deep into a game? :)

In case you weren't sure, I'm joking. You're awesome and I can't wait to try out the Derek B inspired stuff and see how it plays.

John Morrison is the new FWE Heavyweight Champion

Blue Demon, Jr. is the new AAA Latin American Champion

Mascara Dorado, Mistico and El Valiente are the new CMLL World Trios Champions

Genki Horiguchi, Jimmy Kanda and Ryo Saito are the new DG Open the Triangle Gate Champions

Curtis Axel is the new WWE Intercontinental Champion

HIROKI and Yuji Hino are the new Strongest-K Tag Team champions

Edited by ScottHallLeg-end