Underrated Disney songs

Liam

Everything about Mulan is great, though, and I can't understand why it isn't more popular than it is. "I'll Make a Man Out of You" and

both work on levels that Disney songs don't normally work on--they'd be utterly conventional ("I'll Make a Man Out of You" is very close to "Go the Distance" from Hercules) were it not for everything going on around them. Great stuff.

No joke on nothing, Mulan is one of my top three favorite Disney movies. Every song, especially the two you mentioned, are great. I can just at random times say "To defeat..." and my daughter will say "The Huns!"

• Like 1

Beauty and the Beast is so weird because on one hand it's an indictment of the macho guy paradigm but on the other hand it's predicated on the idea that if your boyfriend is a total monster then you can change him girls!

Man, everyone has brought up all of the gold-standard Disney villain songs. "Be Prepared" and "Poor Unfortunate Souls" and "Gaston" are the standards. You want one that's not nearly as beloved in spite of being catchy as shit? Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k78oGuehXro

I really do not like Pocahontas' soundtrack for the most part, but "Mine Mine Mine" is really fun. Especially once you're old enough to realize that John Smith's verse is pretty shitty and imperialistic too.

• Like 1

Yeah, "Friends on the Other Side" deserves classic status and won't be there for a while.

I've never seen Tangled and don't really want or need to. All I need is this. This forever:

It may be more beloved than I'm aware, but for my tastes the movie never gets enough credit, and next to Professional Pirate this has to be the best song in it.

Nah, all of Muppet Treasure Island is fair game. AND SPEAKING OF:

Fuck, y'all... Return of Jafar gave Iago a musical number and it's awesome. Gilbert Gottfried probably shouldn't ever sing but this works.

Speaking of Aladdin sequels: