Assassins Creed IV

Your Mom

And some single player thing to do with sending your ships off on missions, but they scrapped it within like 2 days of launch so you could have just downloaded a pass for free anyway.

The little ship minigame thing would be good if it gave you a way to get more fire barrels for it than just helping your friends speed up their missions. I've only been able to help Benji on a couple of his missions and someone else a decent amount, but I don't think there's any way to get fire barrels. Which sucks because you need to do little minigame battles to make routes safer to do missions on.

Regarding a mission during Sequence 6:

fuck the underwater wrecks. Trying to swim out of sunken boats can be a pain in the ass, and the sharks and eels suck when all you can do is hide from them. Really hoping there aren't any more missions that actually require you to swim underwater, because the one I just did had an optional objective of not getting attacked by a shark. Hoping when I replay it for the 100% completion that I'm able to get the "3 chests" optional objective still since I already looted all of the ones at that wreck.

I am only in Sequence 2 or 3 and I am freaking addicted already. Hardly going throuhg the story at all because i'm too engrossed in sailing around and finding islands.

By the love of god, I will get every data fragment/chest/manuscript/assassin contract everytime I find somewhere new, and only then I will think about advancing the plot.

Just wondering though, for the guys further along in the plot than me. Is there an ''out-of-animus story'' going on? Or is it all animus based?

Because without telling spoilers, the whole start of the game was just weird and having played the previous games and using that established ''truth'', everything is fishy as hell. Pun intended

What achievement is for the ship thing?

I would actually like it more if it didn't rely on the fire barrels for the battles you need to do to lower the route to "safe" when the fire barrels can only be gained in one way. If you don't have any friends who have the game you're out of luck. It gives some decent money, though, which is the only reason I really ever did these sort of missions, even the Assassin ones (though those might have had the benefit of adding assassins that you could send into battle in a couple of the games).

The out of Animus stuff is maybe my favourite thing about the game so far.

I hacked a computer and found a bunch of stuff about the Voynich Manuscript! This is my sort of game. More of that please.

• Like 2

The out of animus stuff is pretty nice, partly because of how different it is to how the previous games did it. I really like the first person view over the third person view. I don't just feel like Ezio in a different skin outside the animus. I actually feel like a completely difference character. Sorry, Desmond.

The out of animus stuff is pretty nice, partly because of how different it is to how the previous games did it. I really like the first person view over the third person view. I don't just feel like Ezio in a different skin outside the animus. I actually feel like a completely difference character. Sorry, Desmond.

It's too bad the freaking FOV is making me slightly nauseous when i'm doing it for too long :/

Completed the main story last night...

It was alright, but to be honest it felt like the entire game was the start of Edward's story, only for it to end where it did. On the plus side, I'm hoping that the ending is indicating a Haytham story in AC5, so we can finally get 1700s England and running across rooftops there, thus making it an Americas/Kenway trilogy, and giving us more insight into the Templars.

Now that I have all forts defeated, all locations discovered (minus Black Island), all underwater wrecks completed (fuck them simply for trying to actually navigate in enclosed areas), all Uncharted fragments and chests acquired, and all Assassin/Naval contracts finished, I can actually get back to the main story. Assuming I don't spend the time with the treasure maps I have <_<

Edited by Vitamin E

Finished the story just now.

Really enjoyed it, despite the usual AC stuff that can be annoying. I didn't mind it ending where/how it did. It was nice to see Edward kind of redeem himself with the Assassins and whatnot, and seeing the second credits scene with an older him and young Haytham was pretty good. Of course, now I too want the next AC game to focus on Haytham, though I would like a game that focused more on being part of the Templars than the Assassins (even though the name of the game is

Assassin's Creed). Even Haytham following the Assassin line only for him to turn to the Templars in the end would be pretty good.

I do have to say, the part with Anne singing and Edward walking to the boat, seeing Mary and Thatch was a really nice moment. Hate that Mary had to go; would have loved to see DLC or even an entire game dedicated to her.

Okay, so apparently the final three treasure maps you can only get by sending your fleet out on those missions. And I'm just really slow because you don't NEED the fire barrels for the Fleet missions and your ships will fire cannons at some point. For anyone who wants to know, these are the missions for the Fleet that you have to do to get the final three treasure maps:

The Empty Cellar Missions’ in Eastern British Colonies
Scarlatina in Eastern Canada

Great Reputation II in Mediterranean Sea

Edited by Vitamin E