The PS4 thread

9 to 5

On 04/06/2016 at 23:19, Superintendent Chris2K said:

Anything RC related in GTA sends shivers down my spine, between that mission and all of Zero's side missions in San Andreas.

I'm glad I'm one of the types that doesn't much care about 100%ing a game (hi @Benji). Never bothered with them and finished the main game. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Just Joe said:

I'm glad I'm one of the types that doesn't much care about 100%ing a game (hi @Benji). Never bothered with them and finished the main game. 

That's basically the thing with me. I'm not all about the trophies as long as I beat the game. I'll try to do most of the side missions but if it's a side mission that makes me want to throw my controller, and isn't neccessary, I don't mind not doing it. I don't play video games to be frustrated. I play them to enjoy the story and the gameplay.

That's why if there is an easy mode or normal mode then that's what I play. None of this harder difficulties for the sake of it thing.

• Like 1

I mean, that's exactly why I play games. I don't know where people have got this weird idea I only play for trophies from. They extend the length of a game, but I've only 100%'d about a third of games on PlayStation, let alone XBox and Steam. But more fool me for wanting to get my moneys worth from a £40 game though, huh?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

I mean, that's exactly why I play games. I don't know where people have got this weird idea I only play for trophies from. They extend the length of a game, but I've only 100%'d about a third of games on PlayStation, let alone XBox and Steam. But more fool me for wanting to get my moneys worth from a £40 game though, huh?

Nobody is calling you a fool for doing it. Or at least I don't think that was what Joe was going for. I know I wasn't. I'm actually impressed by people who can drive themselves to do that. You, Stoke and Jericode have put crazy time into it and have been quite dedicated. I actually wish I had that dedication to be honest.

Yeah, I'm with Benji, I much prefer having trophies and shit to work towards to make me actually try more stuff in games rather than give up and move onto something new within a week. I don't do it for every game, but if it's a game I've paid money for I feel a lot happier pushing myself that little bit more out of it.

Alternatively we can just play FIFA forever until we start losing and call everything a nonce or the power gets disconnected.

• Like 3

Just now, Jericode said:

Yeah, I'm with Benji, I much prefer having trophies and shit to work towards to make me actually try more stuff in games rather than give up and move onto something new within a week. I don't do it for every game, but if it's a game I've paid money for I feel a lot happier pushing myself that little bit more out of it.

Alternatively we can just play FIFA forever until we start losing and call everything a nonce or the power gets disconnected.

For me, it's mainly because I have so many games I want to beat and so little time to play them. I got in about an hour of video game time this weekend and I might not get a chance to play again for another couple weeks. But there are so many games out now that I want to buy, and more on the way. Maybe one day I'll go back and try harder for that stuff but unfortunately new games are coming out every month.

3 hours ago, Benji said:

Benji's love of trophies is just our joke, I know you don't go for 100% in every game. I'm not doing it to be mean. 

To each their own of course but for me 100%ing most games just doesn't seem fun. Games like Fallout 4 and Rocket League are really fun to play and I naturally try to collect as much as possible anyway, so it is really easy to get most of the trophies by playing the game as I would do anyway, and when you get to 70% or so you may as well try and do the rest. Most games I find though pad the trophy list with stuff that would never come up on a natural playthrough or are just so hard the only way to get it is by repeating the same level over and over and over again. It is not for me. But, 100%ing a game does feel good when you do it.

I finished Saints Row IV: Re-elected today. Now that's done, I've got Gone Home, Just Cause 3 and Dying Light to play through. Might start with Dying Light as I'm a fair way through the campaign on that one already, but stopped a while ago, possibly around the time of GTA Heists.

I absolutely despised Dying Light. The climbing and jumping elements of the game are fantastic, but I absolutely despised everything about the combat of it. It was like they heard all of the complaints about Dead Island and were like "okay, but if it was the same game AND you could jump and climb". I would have been fine with the game had it not forced you into situations where combat was mandatory. Also, I thought the visuals of the game were bland and redundant and the story a stinker. I know lots of people liked it, but I gave up on the game pretty quickly. 

31 minutes ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

Do you guys ever have to replace your controllers? We must just hammer them. Had the system since launch and we've had to buy 3 new ones because we wore out the old ones

I probably should replace one of mine. The material on one of the thumbpad things has split. It is still usable, and they cost a stupid amount, so I'm going to try and work with it for a while.