The PS4 thread

9 to 5

I might book some time off work to complete some backdated games.  

Atm I've got The Witcher 3 and the Blood and Wine expansion pass, I still haven't completed Dark Souls 3 but I don't like it as much as Bloodbourne, Metal Gear Solid TPP I only got to finishing part 1. 

1 hour ago, Benji said:

So sick of games doing early access. Why people keep buying into it is beyond me.

And yeah, if Telltale is porting it then don't waste your money. They do great games... when they work.

7 Days on the PC is really good, actually. But that is in its current state... it is the rare early access title that has improved really well over time. I bought it a long time ago and it stunk.

From my understanding, the console is an older version of the game and there is no plans for updates from what I remember. It is a great pick up for those without PCs or if you really wanna play split screen. I left it up to my better half if he wants to buy the game cause I spent 70 hours playing on PC.

51 minutes ago, Meacon said:

The best part of NBA is their version of franchise mode. It's one of the best in sports games. And perhaps the only one where your draft picks actually have value. 

Yeah, it's nice having a sport where you don't need to develop your picks for forever.

The Show is probably the only Franchise mode that comes close.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does "Play of the Game" really mean anything in Overwatch? We rented it the other day to see if it was worth buying. I played 2 games and got play of the game both times. I am not normally good at these things so I'm wondering if I have the right to feel proud of myself or not :P

18 minutes ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

Does "Play of the Game" really mean anything in Overwatch? We rented it the other day to see if it was worth buying. I played 2 games and got play of the game both times. I am not normally good at these things so I'm wondering if I have the right to feel proud of myself or not :P

It's turned into when someone gets the most results out of their ultimate attack.  So cool, but not earth-shattering.  Worth seeking out some of the fails when people try to pose, though.

Not really. Play of the Game is pretty messed up at the moment too, there's characters that can get an insanely easy play of the game (Torbjorn turret, Bastion, Junkrat ult), an easy but kind of deserved Play of the Game (Mercy res x4), then there's the balanced POTG's and a few characters that are basically destined to not get one (Symettra, Zenyatta). Overwatch tries to be more about rewarding working together than doing well alone, it's why you can't see your team mates kills and deaths.

POTG is a really cool system, it's just a shame some characters that can be crucial for the overall win but won't ever get see a POTG based on how they support the team. (Good example, Zarya's ult can set up a team kill if you used correctly, but it'll never be the Zarya that gets the kill credit, that'll go to the Hanzo that ults based off the Zarya ult).

POTG can also be from shutting down enemy ultimates and stuff like that. You'll generally get really deserving ones for the most part - regardless of the fact that they're ultimates, they serve their purpose and most times I find that they take places during crucial points in the game.

Console would have a TON more Torb POTGs though.

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 17:32, Little Red Srarvette said:

I played as Agent something. I forget his name already

Solider 76. He's pretty dull/bog standard compared to a lot of the others (he's designed to be the closest to play as a traditional FPS shooter). He's not a bad character to learn the early aspects of the game with though.

49 minutes ago, DFF said:

Solider 76. He's pretty dull/bog standard compared to a lot of the others (he's designed to be the closest to play as a traditional FPS shooter). He's not a bad character to learn the early aspects of the game with though.

He's honestly probably the closest character to being properly balanced and suited to all occasions:  

If I'm playing a tank he's annoying, since he can rocket (either to hurt me or rocket jump out of harm's way), he's fast, he can heal himself and his gun does a shit load of damage and if you only fire 4 bullets at a time will ruin everyone else's day since you'll never get spread (or just go nuts and shred the Reinhardt's shield).

If I'm support I'm getting the fuck out of his way since after Bastion he seems to be the character that does the most rapid and reliable damage (a Widowmaker can kill Zen with one shot, chances of her hitting it though is lower than Soldier 76 unloading all his ammo and you not dying), plus unless you kill him you're going to lose a duel as he'll just sneak off, do a quick heal and come back and kill you in 3 seconds (or pop it whilst mowing you down if he has you isolated).

All the other attack/defence/flankers can be much better than him in certain situations, but taken as a whole Soldier is consistently the most annoying character to come up against. Especially since 99% of people can use him effectively (I'm in the 1%).

I'll never be annoyed or frustrated if I'm playing competitive and someone selects him. Nearly every other character has a time and a place (besides Reinhardt who is always good, but also someone I struggle to use properly). 

The favourite POTG  I've got so far was hiding outside of the side door of the enemy spawn on Volskaya Industries on defence. As soon as it ticked down to zero the enemy team all came out of that door behind a Reinhardt shield. I Lucio booped 3 of them straight off the level into the water, the other three then all span around and got hammered by my team.