The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Aye, I hate baseball but I loved those games.

Setting it so I only fielded the plays that matter, took every bat that I had the chance to and only controlled by base running when it was important was an excellent way to play. Breezing through games and still seeing solid progression is a great way to go.

Aye, I hate baseball but I loved those games.

Setting it so I only fielded the plays that matter, took every bat that I had the chance to and only controlled by base running when it was important was an excellent way to play. Breezing through games and still seeing solid progression is a great way to go.

That sounds awesome! Because with most sports games, I usually get bored quickly and never manage to get through a full season. But that? That might help.

Yeah, Road to the Show, you only play the field if the ball is hit to you and you only bat for yourself. And apparently they're making that an option for Franchise this year too. Say you want to play every game of the season, but you only want to bat for two of your players, you can set that up and the computer will simulate the rest.

Am I the only one that goes with a pitcher in career modes like that?

Stuff like this is why the new player-lock feature seems decent, as opposed to their hyped sim-count thing that sounds terrible... start with two-strikes, no thanks. I'll just play baseball.

But on to my original point, the player lock. They allow you to now play season or franchise mode locked to pitchers or even fielders now so you can just play their at-bats and defensive parts, apparently making season/franchise much more streamlined in terms of time spent in relation to progress. I personally don't mind just playing as a SP from time to time, so might take a hack at this in a franchise once I scoop the game.

Just waiting to trade in FIFA, Madden and NBA until then.

bluntsnpurp on PS4

Anyone know if the new Spidey game spoils the story from the movie? Don't want to play it a few days before and then find out I know everything that happens in the movie now

Unlike the last one, which took place AFTER the film this one apparently takes place concurrently so it looks like it may.

• Like 1

I just picked up NBA 2K14. It's great. Fantastic game. Tanked with the 76ers in year one, drafted Embiid and signed Dwayne Wade, plus got Caron Butler and Kirk Hinrich for my bench. Suddenly I have the 3rd best defence in the NBA with Carter-Williams being an All-NBA defender and Noel moving to Power Forward.

Of course, game four of the season, torn MCL for MCW.

• Like 1