The PS4 thread

9 to 5

I'd say it's more than a slight edge at this point, Xbone is so far behind when it comes to resolution and frame rate at this point. It'll even out further down the line, once devs figure out how to optimize games for the new systems, but for now it looks like PS4 is just outright easier to develop for.

Shame our exclusives thus far have been pretty boring. >_>

I'm not even bothering to get Watch Dogs on PS4, I just don't trust it not to run like shit. :P

It's slight when you consider how many people actually care about the resolution/frame rate portions. Games that people on the internet have pissed all over because "its only 900p" look perfectly fine on my 52 inch television, and I've never seen a single lag spike that ruined a game experience for me. I can't even recall a game that had one that really bothered me.

When there's as few differences as there are, people'll dig into technicals to find out which one is "better" and that's just the way it's going to be with things like this. Just buy whatever one your friends are playing on. That's pretty much all it boils down to. Even with exclusives you can usually find something analogous.

It's slight when you consider how many people actually care about the resolution/frame rate portions. Games that people on the internet have pissed all over because "its only 900p" look perfectly fine on my 52 inch television, and I've never seen a single lag spike that ruined a game experience for me. I can't even recall a game that had one that really bothered me.

When there's as few differences as there are, people'll dig into technicals to find out which one is "better" and that's just the way it's going to be with things like this. Just buy whatever one your friends are playing on. That's pretty much all it boils down to. Even with exclusives you can usually find something analogous.

Not really great advise when outside of Titanfall, neither system has many multiplayer titles worth playing currently. :P Also doesn't help people that don't play multiplayer games. I'm pretty sure even the ones I do play I mostly play solo, like Titanfall.

It really should just be a question which upcoming exclusives take your fancy. If you care about Halo - get a One. If you care about Uncharted/Naughty Dog, get a PS4.

I'm not going to lie, next gen hasn't been great and if it was my only way of playing games I'd probably be bored shitless by now.

It just doesn't do anything better than my computer. Why play something on my Xbox One when I can play it in better quality for cheaper on my computer.

However console-only exclusives (Madden, Fifa, Metal Gear) and console-specific exclusives (Dead Rising 3, Ryse, Forza, KI etc.) are the reason I got one and I'm happy with it from that point of view. Looking forward to UFC next month then stuff like Sunset Overdrive and the like coming up.

Get whatever you feel happy with, who gives a shit what your brother thinks? If he wants to get an Xbox One then let him, spend your money on what you want and not what other people think is better.

Edited by Dan

I'm in the same boat, I've got a PC with a graphics card that's better than either the PS4 or Xbone, so it's hard to justify buying a lot of next gen games when I could get them on PC for like £20 at launch.

• Like 1

The screens and videos of the new UFC have me pretty hyped. Probably going to trade in madden, fifa and nba 2k towards it and a second controller.

I'm pretty excited, because I liked the EA Sports MMA controls better than Undisputed, and it's EA... but at the same time, it is the first game in a new series, so it's going to be pretty light on features. The Ultimate Fighter's inclusion in the story mode is pretty cool though, and I'm pretty excited for the demo.

• Like 1

The screens and videos of the new UFC have me pretty hyped. Probably going to trade in madden, fifa and nba 2k towards it and a second controller.

I'm pretty excited, because I liked the EA Sports MMA controls better than Undisputed, and it's EA... but at the same time, it is the first game in a new series, so it's going to be pretty light on features. The Ultimate Fighter's inclusion in the story mode is pretty cool though, and I'm pretty excited for the demo.

Apparently the controls are still similar to the old UFC ones from the quick hands on review I read, http://www.goodgamebro.com/2014/05/26/ea-sports-ufc-hands-on-impressions/

They are still working over the game from the old model or some bs so the next iteration is supposed to be fully "EA" but it's pretty much a crossbreed right now from what I gather lol.

But yeah, apparently the graphics are the best they've seen in any sports game hands down. And the career mode has yet to be previewed, looking forward to that. Also the inclusion of over 100 songs for use as entrances and during menu's, etc. is amazing. Silva coming out to DMX is just so fucking bad ass and legit.

Trine 2 looks like it could be good, but I'm so very uninterested in Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate. I was kinda hoping that with Xbox's Games with Gold hitting the Xbone, E3 coming up, and the negative reaction to Stick it to the Man, that Sony would give us something a little better, but again, it's free, and Trine does look good, so I'm not upset.

Now I have to decide though, do I get a second Dualshock 4 so that my fiancee can play Trine with me, or do I pick up a new game this month? I hate being an adult.