The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Yeah, the Vita wasn't too great to begin with - it had a handful of games out, but not much that appealed to me personally, aside from Uncharted. But now, there's a much better selection of games, and now there's the ability to play your PS4 on the Vita screen itself.

The leaked PS4/Vita bundle had a price point that was the same as buying them separately, if I recall correctly. In which case, they won't be huge sellers. Lots of people already have a Vita, or just aren't interested in it to begin with. Not enough to spend an extra $200 along with the PS4.

I wouldn't put a huge amount of stock in the price, though it's entirely possible that Amazon was just running that bundle itself as opposed to a Sony release. I think if Sony officially announces one, it'll be cheaper than Vita price + PS4 price = gotcha, suckers.

It would have to be. It's terrible business to bundle things together and not give a discount of some kind for purchasing the product that way. Especially since a lot of people have been talking about trading in their original Vita's for the new slim model, which has a better battery life, though sports an LCD screen.

It is my understanding it also comes with some games too, for a savings of around 80 or so?

I'll try to find the link for that.

As for the Vita, I honestly enjoy playing that more than any other system I ever have, right now. Games like Tearaway, Uncharted and Gravity Rush are all solid.

I guess the old bundle was based on the rumour it was coming a lot sooner, and would include borderlands for it. But that was the original, this current deal doesnt have the game, but I would think it would still include some time with Plus. I guess I will wait a few days and see what E3 has to say.

There's literally no difference in the screen, other than the fact that colours look brighter on it - I've owned both, but don't take it from me. Multiple reviewers have spoken out about how well it actually looks - not to mention the size feels tons better in my hand and an extended battery life AND the change over to a standardized USB cable. There's no reason to not love the Vita 2.0.

• Like 1

There's literally no difference in the screen, other than the fact that colours look brighter on it - I've owned both, but don't take it from me. Multiple reviewers have spoken out about how well it actually looks - not to mention the size feels tons better in my hand and an extended battery life AND the change over to a standardized USB cable. There's no reason to not love the Vita 2.0.

I disagree about the screen, the oled screen is brighter and more vibrant.

But you are right about the USB charging and battery life (which of course comes from the downgrade on screen)

Fact is, its a longer lasting and easier to find a charger for, all for a slight downgrade on colours. It's still a beast no matter how one looks at it. Just an incredible device.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Traded a few more of my old PS3 games at GAME the other day, that I'll never touch again. Got me £19 on top of a card that already had £16 on it. Another bonus was that I had another gift card from a while back that I thought had a few quid on, so I took that with me so I could merge the two. Turned out I had £18 on that one, so all in all, points balance included, I now have £68 to spend at GAME. Yay for my next PS4 game being free!

I have 5 more games collecting dust which should get me another £12 too. Not sure what the money will go on. I could hold onto it until September and get a special edition of FIFA 15, but knowing me, I'll want another game before then, as I only have Watch Dogs and FIFA 14 (Outlast downloaded) to play. I've given iNFAMOUS to Baddarina to play, so I'll trade that one once she's done with it.

I'd never really been a fan of trading until I got my PS4. It helps more than I thought it would. My attitude used to be "£2.50 for a game I paid £40 for, FUCK OFF!" - but if they're on the shelf doing nothing, I might as well get something for them.

I just remembered that The Last of Us will be out before FIFA. Next month, in fact. Oh well. I'm still kinda on the fence about that one anyway. I mean, I loved the game, but GTA is one that I couldn't finish because my save messed up, so I'll be more likely to pick that PS4 upgrade up.