January 2014 Transfer Window

stokeriño

Well everyone already seems to erroneously believe that he never, ever played so apparently that post is unnecessary. :shifty:

And I'll have you know my rants are generally a mere four paragraphs long! Just think, I could be digging out my university experience and providing footnotes and bibliographies...

First out of the gates is a supposed €10m bid for Mohamed Salah, for whom Basel are claimed to want €18m.

I expect at least three other names linked within the next 12 hours.

#CFCs willingness to allow Juan Mata to join #MUFC is reportedly part of a long-term strategy to try to land #EFCs Ross Barkley.

One down...

First out of the gates is a supposed 10m bid for Mohamed Salah, for whom Basel are claimed to want 18m.

#CFCs willingness to allow Juan Mata to join #MUFC is reportedly part of a long-term strategy to try to land #EFCs Ross Barkley.

One down...

I don't doubt your interest in Barkley but I'm not sure how selling Mata helps sign Barkley

LET THE RUMOUR MILL MOVE UP A GEAR

First out of the gates is a supposed €10m bid for Mohamed Salah, for whom Basel are claimed to want €18m.

Edit: Damn you Jimmy.

So basically Chelsea want ALL the wingers? Please take old man Moses back we'll take Salah thank you :)

I find the Mata -> ManU thing weird, wasn't it reported earlier than ManU were refusing to sell Rooney to Chelsea? But Cheslea is happy to sell to them? Could this pave the way for Rooney to leave? Not that they play the same position, but a willingness to deal.

LET THE RUMOUR MILL MOVE UP A GEAR

Edit: Damn you Jimmy.

So basically Chelsea want ALL the wingers? Please take old man Moses back we'll take Salah thank you :)

I find the Mata -> ManU thing weird, wasn't it reported earlier than ManU were refusing to sell Rooney to Chelsea? But Cheslea is happy to sell to them? Could this pave the way for Rooney to leave? Not that they play the same position, but a willingness to deal.

Where have you been? We've wanted all the wingers for months.

Dunno about Rooney, but one thing I note through all this is that, if that reported is true, when a player asks to leave (Lukaku - on loan, KDB, and now supposedly Mata), we let them. We don't hold them hostage against their will like a number of clubs I could mention.

In a way I'm kind of proud of our club if that is the case, even if can cause us fans heartache.

Juan Mata: Chelsea accept Manchester United's £37m bid

Manchester United have had a bid, believed to be in the region of £37m, accepted by Chelsea for Spanish midfielder Juan Mata.
The 25-year-old will have a medical at Old Trafford on Thursday before completing a move to the Premier League champions.
Mata is expected to sign a four-and-a-half year deal at Old Trafford.