The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Wanna bet that Lampard will have a short stint at Man City?

Well Melbourne have a Marquee player spot free, which is exempt from the salary cap, so there actually could be a good chance.

Yeah, but.. they could loan him out for free anyway? As Man/New York/Melbourne City are all owned by the same people, it doesn't matter who pays the wages?

Still in 'believe it when it's on the official CFC website' territory...but if the various reports are true and we do sell Luiz for around £48m and bring in Costa and Fabregas for a combined £60m...then that's a phenomenal piece of business.

Still in 'believe it when it's on the official CFC website' territory...but if the various reports are true and we do sell Luiz for around £48m and bring in Costa and Fabregas for a combined £60m...then that's a phenomenal piece of business.

Yup. I don't think anyone has done better business than Chelsea in the last two windows. I mean, keeping Mata would have been nice but you can't really argue with who they got with his money.

I hate Chelsea, but man... they're probably they probably have the best behinds the scenes guys in the league. Like metalman said they've done such good business the past two windows, made two really big sales over the odds for players they don't even need (!), and have followed by signing probably the two biggest players that will move to the EPL this summer, crazy. At the same time they've also made other signings like Zouma, and are in the hunt for even more. Just smart business plays, and clearly great negotiators. As a Liverpool fan it makes me so jealous! We just don't make signings like Diego Costa or Cesc, unfortunately. Lambert, Lallana, Can - it's just not the same, but I guess there is still some way to go before we're in *that* league.

Edit: I've read reports they're now going for Shaqiri or Markovic as alternatives to Lallana, either or both would be top top buys, and better signings - probably even cheaper individually.

Also, apparently Spurs have offered 14m pounds including Capoue, as well as Soldado on-loan, to Sevilla for Moreno... wtf? Do spurs even need a LB that badly?

Edited by kaya

It does for FFP Eddie!

UEFA FFP is sure to apply for Australian and American leagues.

It does if Man Citry are paying his wages you pleb!

Well, I was actually going by the reports of New York City signing him, as opposed to Man City.

Pleb

On July 1st we'll officially sign Andy Butler (Walsall) and Chris Basham (Blackpool) on free transfers.

It does for FFP Eddie!

UEFA FFP is sure to apply for Australian and American leagues.

It does if Man Citry are paying his wages you pleb!

Well, I was actually going by the reports of New York City signing him, as opposed to Man City.

Pleb

But what you said was it didn't matter which team he played for as the wages were all paid by the same persons

Yeah, but.. they could loan him out for free anyway? As Man/New York/Melbourne City are all owned by the same people, it doesn't matter who pays the wages?

See, right there, so it does matter for UEFA FFP if it were Man City paying <_<