The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

He is going to Stoke so that says it all... still it's not like Stoke have an abundance of quality strikers so it still seems a decent signing as Diouf would appear, on paper, to have developed somewhat since he joined Hannover.

I'm going to take a punt and predict he'll be the clubs top scorer next season, since Crouchy got that with only 8 goals last season.

Loved Senegal in the 02 WC BTW!

Dejan Lovren apparently handed in a transfer request two weeks ago which has been ignored by Southampton. That club has declined something rotten in a very short space of time.

They haven't really declined because they've only sold one player so far. I do think a lot of players are trying to cash in on their good season though.

What's on the back of the shirt he's wearing?

Seems a bit of an unnecessary signing to me unless they want him to play a deeper role

Like for like Lampard replacement pretty much, with the added flexibility of being able to play higher and wider.

I can imagine him playing in a similar role to the one he played for Arsenal rather than at Barca where he was further up the field.

Play him alongside Matic and have Oscar, Hazard and Willian in front of them two and you've got a solid midfield. Suppose as well you can always move him to behind the striker so he can be used in several ways.

Which is the worst for Arsenal fans...Cesc goin to Chelsea or RVP goin to Man.U?

Edited by DavidMarrio

lol Arsenal

I can imagine him playing in a similar role to the one he played for Arsenal rather than at Barca where he was further up the field.

Play him alongside Matic and have Oscar, Hazard and Willian in front of them two and you've got a solid midfield. Suppose as well you can always move him to behind the striker so he can be used in several ways.

Which is the worst for Arsenal fans...Cesc goin to Chelsea or RVP goin to Man.U?

Solid is a bit of an understatement for that midfield.

Edited by RafaelFms
  • Like 2