WWE 2k15

The Buscher

Yeah, I'm really hoping they're gonna get on showing some actual work sooner rather than later. I've heard good things from the E3 reports, but E3 was over a month ago, and the game releases in three months.

EDIT: The last few years, they've had trailers with SOME sort of in-game footage within them by this time. The only reason I'm giving 2K any semblance of a chance right now is because WWE 13 and 2k14 were THQ trying to stretch WWE '12 out for a few years, so of course they had workable footage at this time of year.

Edited by tenaciousg

For someone unfamiliar with NBA games, how radical was 2k's overhaul?

EDIT: dont' WWE have a stand at San Diego Comic Con? Could debut somethnig there.

Saving stuff for SummerSlam would make more sense if there was a SummerSlam Axxess this year, but there isn't. Axxess is when we'd get the roster reveal the past few years.

As a nerdy aside, I used to love IGN's SmackDown Countdown back in the day. Once a day they'd post one person's stats/entrance/finisher. Was simple but kinda gave you something to look forward to especially when they wound up showing a wrestler you really wanted to see.

• Like 2

For someone unfamiliar with NBA games, how radical was 2k's overhaul?

EDIT: dont' WWE have a stand at San Diego Comic Con? Could debut somethnig there.

Oh yeah, that could be a thing.

Regardless of gameplay, we've usually seen screens by now.

I know, that's what worries me - either the game's gonna look exactly like 2k14 (IE, pretty lame), or it's gonna be great... but the longer they go, the more I assume it's the former over the latter.

That comercial aperently cost 200kUS$

I don´t care how this game looks. If it gets a carrere mode as good as the one in 2ks NBA games i will be all over this day one for the first time since the AKI n64 games.

Edited by Herr Matzat

I don´t care how this game looks. If it gets a carrere mode as good as the one in 2ks NBA games i will be all over this day one for the first time since the AKI n64 games.

New to WWE 2K15, Tia Carrere mode. Recreate nearly 30 years of her dazzling career, from her start in TV's 'Cover Up' to her most famous outings in Wayne's World 1 & 2.

• Like 4

Random thought about that career mode. It´s hard to bring a NBA like deal to a WWE game starting today because old guys don´t go away while you rise with the others as a new generation. How about this years mode starts you of as a young wrestler during the Monday Night War and has you switch between ECW, WCW and WWE like you can with your Teams in the NBA game. Monday Night War should be hot anyway around that time since the Network show will start at some point. Also they would benefit from someone already having crawled all tape libraries for the important stuff. Sting would fit that Idea very well aswell.

Obviously there would be limits to this in a yearly franchise, but you still could make it work at some level that involves Storylines, decisions and somewhat open end play like Smackdown 2 had it back in the day.

On the other hand i wuld bet that they want to push NXT big wich would not fit that picture at all.

• Like 1

How did the pre-order with Warrior work last year? Was it a code inside the actual game case?

I'm actually considering this game for Sting alone, but footage will be the decision maker. I had fun with 2k14 with a friend when I had got it through Gamefly. It won't be a game I play online most likely, just because I dealt with my share of people using glitches move sets (and acting like they didn't know what I was talking about upon mentioning it to them). At least not with random people. Definitely fun to create atrocities like Achievement Hunter did with their two LP's.

New to WWE 2K15, Tia Carrere mode. Recreate nearly 30 nears of her dazzling career, from her start in TV's 'Cover Up' to her most famous outings in Wayne's World 1 & 2.

I liked Relic Hunter :(

Putting out the big PRE-ORDER THIS reveal before any actual gameplay or screenshots is pretty disheartening though.

Exactly... pre-order what? I'm really excited for Sting in a WWE game, but I'm skeptical of putting $5-$60 down on a game I haven't seen a single screenshot from. I know they could be waiting for SummerSlam, maybe it even has the new logo all over it and WWE is keeping them from showing it until they update their marketing, but I'm extremely nervous about any game that is due out in 3 months and we haven't even seen carefully controlled footage.