WWE 2k15

The Buscher

Apparently Xavier Woods said in a WWE.com interview last night "I'm stoked that I'll be in the same game as Sting." At E3 they said that they did actual scans for everybody in the game, so you'd surmise that everybody who is going to be in the game is well aware of their inclusion.

Only noteworthy in that if Xavier Woods of all people found a way into the game, everybody should be in. I'm most interested in seeing which NXT guys made the cut since I'd figure Career mode will be heavily NXT-based.

• Like 1

There's going to be a new WWE logo?

And yeah. I'm really surprised there hasn't been anything revealed from the game itself, considering this is 2K's first WWE game on their own/not just taking over from what THQ had in place.

Has anyone else ever thought why wrestling video games never program it in to have a worker who wears facepaint, actually lose their facepaint during the course of a match?

It seems like it would be a fairly simple concept to pull off, especially with grapics of today and capabilities, yet no one has ever tried it as far as I can tell. In WCW vs NWO World Tour and WCW/NWO Revenge, if you did an "eye gouge" enough times on workers with either a mask or facepaint, it would cause them to come off. That's the closest I've ever seen anyone getting to it.

For all the "realism" that they boast about on games now, that seems like something they would look in to. No, it doesn't really bring anything to the game, other than that "realism" factor...Just like showing sweat on a wrestler or adding facial expressions doesn't add anything to it other than the look. It would just look a lot better, and pretty bad ass, if you had Sting, for example, in a 15 minute match where he gradually loses his paint....As opposed to having that same 15 minute match where his paint looks just as good at the end as it did when he walks out.

• Like 1

It'd be realistic yes, but probably something WWE doesn't want. Because think about it, in reality WWE/TNA doesn't want Sting's or Jeff Hardy's or Goldust's facepaint to wear off in a match due to presentation and image licensing etc., but obviously they have no control over it. Having control over it like in a video game, they're more likely to not include it.

Think of it being the same as to why you can't give Steve Austin an afro in the game, or why Windows/Apple don't let you change the look and feel of your desktop too much, all for brand awareness and uniformity, so when you look at a screen you know it's a Windows/Apple system, regardless of the wallpaper.

It'd be realistic yes, but probably something WWE doesn't want. Because think about it, in reality WWE/TNA doesn't want Sting's or Jeff Hardy's or Goldust's facepaint to wear off in a match due to presentation and image licensing etc., but obviously they have no control over it. Having control over it like in a video game, they're more likely to not include it.

Think of it being the same as to why you can't give Steve Austin an afro in the game, or why Windows/Apple don't let you change the look and feel of your desktop too much, all for brand awareness and uniformity, so when you look at a screen you know it's a Windows/Apple system, regardless of the wallpaper.

Ok, I sort of can get where you're going with this, but it really makes no sense. Paint wearing off in a match doesn't have anything to do with presentation or image licensing. If companies were concerned about it, they would just have the workers simply not wear it. As far as I have known, wrestling companies don't have any control over the actual gameplay of videogames. Features are left up to the makers while the wrestling organization may have some input here and there.

With your logic, you could say the same about including blood. In addition to that, you could say racing games like Need for Speed, etc. would have issues from car manufacturers like Ford, Dodge, etc by allowing damage to show up on the vehicles...Afterall, why would Ford want to have their Mustang get all banged up in a video game? I'm sure they would much rather the car look pristine no matter how many times you run into a wall or another vehicle.

Or with Football games; Why would the Denver Broncos franchise want Peyton Manning's game character have the ability to get injured in Madden? With your logic, Manning getting injured in the game and the Broncos picking up Curtis Painter off waivers to be their starting QB would be detrimental to the actual Bronco's organization....Afterall, someone catching a glimpse of that could think that Painter was indeed the starting QB for them rather than Manning, right?

Like I said, I can kinda get where you were going with it, but it really doesn't make any sense. It's not about licensing, because WWE or TNA don't have copyrights to facepaint. As a matter of fact, the only character that WWE owns from who you mentioned is Goldust, and Rhodes could still go somewhere else and use the exact same facepaint design he uses with the character, even though he wouldn't be able to use the name or character.

It's really just a feature that I don't think video game makers have ever really thought of adding and I was curious as to why it's never really been brought up or thought of. Like I said, I never thought it would be something very difficult to add.