Hatred

Lint

I'd rather no one played it.

My impressions. First words out of his mouth I was like "No one sounds like that."

Second thought was "isn't this just postal but trying to be sincere about it?"

Third and final thought. "if you feel the need to commit genocide, start with yourself."

That's pretty much it.

• Like 2

Looks like you guys have covered pretty much every opinion here. What the hell are they thinking? This is just a horrid idea. Seeing the dude grab the chick towards the end, shove the gun in her mouth and see the aftermath was just unsettling. Yeah, sure. I've killed a ton of civilians in GTA and i've killed countless people in COD type games, but this is just ridiculous. This kind of shit is why the media shits all over the gaming community. Fuck this studio, I hope they go out of business ASAP.

Gameplay wise, it kinda reminds me of that PSN game from a few years back, Dead Nation. I never played Postal.

I actually really liked Manhunt, but even that had the whole 'you don't really want to do this, but you're kinda forced into it to survive' thing. I'm not against games that involve a lot of gun play and violence, but...

I guess, like everyone else, I just don't really see the point to this game. It's like they got around the table and said 'let's make a game that's exactly like every stereotype put out by clueless politician and family groups!' or some shit. Even the main character looks like a fucking stereotype.

Thing about Manhunt was you were finding and killing violent gang members that would kill you the first chance they got. This game is just you killing "women and the men that love them". Just nuts that someone thought this was a good idea.

Really glad it seems to be a PC only game, it'll get much less attention there. And if its not distributed by Steam it'll get even less

We need to nominate someone to do a Let's Play of this when it releases.

Also, the game. Uh...where do I begin?

Buy it and I will bite the bullet :P

as for thoughts on it...

That main character looks just like the kind of person you'd expect to go on a mass murder spree with the intention of getting killed.

I wonder what kind of story a game like this could have. Surely you just don't run around and kill till you die then do it over again. There has to be missions and stuff, right?

This is the game a deranged 13 year old would make. This legit just seems to be a murder simulation.

I think the graphicness of it with the repeated stabbing, the people begging for their lives before you blow the back of their heads out could be "neat"(That's such a wrong word to use but I can't think of anything better) in the right game in the right context but this isn't that game.I think a L.A. Noire but in modern times game with a killer that's shown doing those things could work and could be pretty disturbing and not come off as being edgy just to be edgy.

God I hope there isn't a school or movie theater to enter.

This game made me call into question why I play games like Grand Theft Auto V.

Then, I realized that something had changed in the time that spanned my playing of GTA3 to the present.

For whatever reason, I stopped going after random NPCs and only shot first if there were aggressive mobs after me. My entire thought process of how I approached games like GTA changed as I got older and it really wasn't a conscious effort. It just happened. My creativity and willingness to explore remains, but I stopped treating random NPCs as target practice and started treating them like set design.

This game appears to be entirely predicated on using random NPCs as nothing but fodder. I don't know the whole story on this one, but I do know that there is nothing redeeming about the first foot they have stepped forward with.

• Like 3

I see the video in the OP is set to private, is this them backtracking or was that a third party upload or something?

I hadn't seen that video thus far but I went to look for an alternative and I assume it was the same one. I thought maybe people were just exaggerating or it wouldn't be that bad but yeah...that's pretty fucking horrendous. Not just the actions themselves, just the way it's edited and the music...fuck.

Caus I was originally of the mindset that maybe single player stuff like this wouldn't be as creepy to me as some of the stories you hear from stuff like Day Z. That stuff really disturbs me, the kidnapping and the force feeding of rotten food and drinking bleach and stuff. Just the element of doing that to another human, even if it's only virtual...but yeah, this is pretty fucking bad too.

Still, I can't help but feel that despite their protests, it's got to be a pisstake. That writing is just so OTT and shit that it can't be real. Plus you've got their logo which is more than a little reminiscent of the Doom logo.

• Like 1

I editted the first post with another link to the video

I think the graphicness of it with the repeated stabbing, the people begging for their lives before you blow the back of their heads out could be "neat"

There is nothing 'neat' about this. Period.

This game made me call into question why I play games like Grand Theft Auto V.

Then, I realized that something had changed in the time that spanned my playing of GTA3 to the present.

For whatever reason, I stopped going after random NPCs and only shot first if there were aggressive mobs after me. My entire thought process of how I approached games like GTA changed as I got older and it really wasn't a conscious effort. It just happened. My creativity and willingness to explore remains, but I stopped treating random NPCs as target practice and started treating them like set design.

This game appears to be entirely predicated on using random NPCs as nothing but fodder. I don't know the whole story on this one, but I do know that there is nothing redeeming about the first foot they have stepped forward with.

Huh, I didn't even realize that I've been doing that with the past two GTA games.

• Like 1

Likewise, but I'm not singling them out or seeing what my record for most taken out in one rocket would be. It's no longer vehicular manslaughter with intent to kill...it's just half that :shifty:

It's kinda strange when you realize what has happened. Could chalk it up to idle hands, could chalk it up to a change in priorities. Alls I know is something's up.

• Like 1

I was always more prone to finishing off a session of Online, being put back in the main game as Michael who has just finished dinner with his wife and leaving her with the tip.

The tip being an active grenade or four.

• Like 1

Sometimes in GTA I go on rampages, but that's usually when I'm in an absolutely terrible mood and don't want to actively spend time hunting down the cops so I can start shit. But now that I think about it, that's really what I want to start doing.

• Like 1