The January 2015 Transfer Window thread

Lineker

There's a rumour going around that Jovetic will be leaving this month. You'd think they'd recoup at least 10m of that with his sale.

Edit: Papers saying 20m for Jovetic from Juve, and 25m for Negredo from Valencia to go permanently. Not sure they'll spend 25m on Negredo though. A lot of their current players are in on loan.

FFP is a fucking joke.

A week or so ago when the Messi rumours started, someone at PSG came out and said "Well, we don't think Messi is leaving Barcelona...but if he was, we would definitely be in for him because money is no issue for us".

This is the club that was already 'punished' for breaching FFP and promptly spent 50 million euros on David Luiz, of course.

So...yes, obviously.

£262 million for messi and cavini. Transfer Windows are full of entertainments.

A team with Messi, Cavani, Di Maria, etc. but still playing McNair at centreback would be whole new levels of ridiculous.

You could afford Messi and Cavani at Melbourne City with a slight reworking of the finances right?

£262 million for messi and cavini. Transfer Windows are full of entertainments.

A team with Messi, Cavani, Di Maria, etc. but still playing McNair at centreback would be whole new levels of ridiculous.

You could afford Messi and Cavani at Melbourne City with a slight reworking of the finances right?

My centrebacks are better than McNair though.

FFP is silly anyway. The only way to win anything in the big now leagues is to pump a load of outside money in and now that can't be done any more so we won't have another Man City or Chelsea disrupting things. It's essentially confirming the status quo for the foreseeable future.

The fact that the financial giants don't give the slightest fuck about it too isn't the best for it.

• Like 1

There's a rumour going around that Jovetic will be leaving this month. You'd think they'd recoup at least 10m of that with his sale.

Edit: Papers saying 20m for Jovetic from Juve, and 25m for Negredo from Valencia to go permanently. Not sure they'll spend 25m on Negredo though. A lot of their current players are in on loan.

The deal for Negredo is already agreed. It'll happen.

And the "on loans" were only done because Lim wanted them in and he hadn't officially took control yet. Those players belong to Valencia if we want to keep them.

Howe would be stupid to leave Bournemouth when they are on the cusp of promotion in my opinion. Although when he gets sacked before Christmas because they're bottom of the Prem without a win, I'll say he should have taken any other job he was offered >_>

• Like 1

I get the feeling Howe and Bournemouth won't be one of those situations, he's a part of the framework there really and I think he's really appreciated. I also expect he'd think twice about leaving for a club in a higher division having already done it and finding he didn't like it to the point that he willingly dropped a division to go back home.

• Like 2

Considering Balotelli's goal scoring record in Serie A, £14 million is good business for everyone. It's Liverpool's failure to use a system that doesn't suit his style of play (that has a prolific and improving goal scoring record until now) that's caused this move to fail, not Balotelli.

• Like 1