The January 2015 Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Sunderland is not one of the teams I envisaged Defoe joining. They do need him though.

You mean 'not a team managed by Harry Redknapp'?

• Like 1

I'm not too sure Defoe's going to be that much of a help to them, tbh. He didn't exactly set the MLS alight...

He came in, scored both goals in a 2-1 debut win and then scored 12 in 17 appearances. His scoring rate is close to that of the MLS golden boot winner, he just didn't have the appearances...

It's almost like you wilfully posted the polar opposite of the truth :S

• Like 4

• Admin
Arsenal are expected to complete the signing of Legia Warsaw youngster Krystian Bielik in the coming days, according to Sky sources. Gunners representatives are believed to have flown out to Poland on Wednesday to complete the deal, believed to be in the region of £2million. Sky Sports News HQ reported on January 6 that the North London club failed with a £1.6m offer for the defensive midfielder, but Arsenal returned with a second bid this week.

I did not have a stroke.

Besiktas are being super-sneaky in confirming that they've been in talks with Chelsea over one of our players...but won't say who, whether it's a loan or transfer, or anything else.

This might be the sort of thing where we're lining up a loan for someone (e.g. Salah), but it will only happen if we also find someone else to bring in.