The January 2015 Transfer Window thread

Lineker

Ched protesting his innocence in the whole thing si a bit galling when you see the facts that:

a) the young lady was intoxicated

b) she went to the room with the other guy and Ched was invited by him

c) he watched then go at it first

d) then he got involved

e) he has only apologised for being unfatihful where really he should be apologising and showing contrition for even getting in to that scenario and acknowledging even if the act was consensual the setting and circumstances are ones he should not have, and will not ever again, get involved in.

I think Ched is suffering from people seeing footballers as arrogant, above the law, above the normal person, kind of people and this is the backlash.

• Like 4

He's just released a really shit apology.

To be fair his apology has covered Rich's last two points, he can't say a lot more while his appeal is going on. Common sense for me says he stays out of the public eye until that ends and see where you go from there, but I suppose football is a time limited career so he wants to get back asap.

Shaqiri to Inter confirmed:

B61Vd_dCQAEB1Rl.png

Apparently it's a loan with a £10m option to buy.

He doesn't look all that pleased with this news.

• Like 1

To be fair his apology has covered Rich's last two points, he can't say a lot more while his appeal is going on. Common sense for me says he stays out of the public eye until that ends and see where you go from there, but I suppose football is a time limited career so he wants to get back asap.
It doesn't cover my last two points at all really. I know he has to protect himself and his appeal, but he could have started the appeal while he was still in prison, it feels like he thought he would be ok to continue his career following his release, and then when the backlash from the public hit he has tried to turn public opinion, which again smacks of arrogance
  • Like 1

It doesn't cover my last two points at all really. I know he has to protect himself and his appeal, but he could have started the appeal while he was still in prison, it feels like he thought he would be ok to continue his career following his release, and then when the backlash from the public hit he has tried to turn public opinion, which again smacks of arrogance

But he has still literally done what you suggested in point e, and tried to address the idea that he's being arrogant.

You can't really compare Richard Wright to Victor Valdes.

It's more about experience than outright ability though. Wright played in the top flight for long enough, and has been at big clubs. I thought he was a better example than Tony Warner at any rate :L.

Man United's Michael Keane has made his loan move to Burnley a permanent one.

... A permanent loan?

From a loan move to a permanent move..

Did he not appeal pretty much straight away? That got rejected, but now his case is under review (I'm not sure what the difference is tbh, we need to legal dudes in here) but he definitely didn't just wait until he was released before trying to have it looked at/quashed/reversed.