Evolve

Brody

There was supposed to be a single player campaign, but apparently it never materialized... so yes, this is definitely a game that you'll need online for. You can play any game mode on your own, but you still have to be online, and you won't experience the game the way that you should if you're playing with AI teammates.

So this has gone from a "might possibly pick up when it drops" kind of game to "never picking it up, ever".

I refuse to spend money on games that require that I play online. Fuck online. As much as I liked Destiny, I only played it because I got a free copy.

EDIT: what hurts this more, is that I know I'm not the only one. I've been promoting the game because it's my job, but most people hear "from the guys that brought us Left 4 Dead 2", followed by "no local co-op", and they pass. We had a whopping fourteen pre-orders at my store, and I'd be willing to bet that at least half of those come back under Satisfaction Returns or Trades within the next two weeks.

Edited by Gabriel

I picked it up cause a couple of my friends did, and it's been pretty great. Can't imagine ever trying to play it without being on Skype with people I know, though. And the DLC thing's pretty off putting.

There was supposed to be a single player campaign, but apparently it never materialized... so yes, this is definitely a game that you'll need online for. You can play any game mode on your own, but you still have to be online, and you won't experience the game the way that you should if you're playing with AI teammates.

So this has gone from a "might possibly pick up when it drops" kind of game to "never picking it up, ever".

I refuse to spend money on games that require that I play online. Fuck online. As much as I liked Destiny, I only played it because I got a free copy.

EDIT: what hurts this more, is that I know I'm not the only one. I've been promoting the game because it's my job, but most people hear "from the guys that brought us Left 4 Dead 2", followed by "no local co-op", and they pass. We had a whopping fourteen pre-orders at my store, and I'd be willing to bet that at least half of those come back under Satisfaction Returns or Trades within the next two weeks.

Satisfaction Returns, what's that? An EB Games thing?

Also...I played the alpha and the beta, it's nice, but I don't think I'd drop money on it.

• Like 1

There's already over $130 of it ready to ship before launch. And to get all of it, you'd have to buy the game like seventeen times all from different shops. On top of buying skins and the like. Not to mention the Season Pass, if you're silly enough to buy it, doesn't actually cover most of the DLC there is.

It's become very apparent that the game has been sliced to pieces before launch, so they'd have DLC to nickel and dime people with.

Yeah me and my friends have already decided to stick to the base game because fuck all that shit.

Also Trapper is the only class I can play and every time I get stuck playing something else it's awful.

Satisfaction Returns, what's that? An EB Games thing?

Also...I played the alpha and the beta, it's nice, but I don't think I'd drop money on it.

Sat Returns are an EB Games thing, yeah. With the membership program you get a Satisfaction Guarantee. The free Red Edge Card gets you 3 days, the paid membership Platinum card gets you 7 days.

It's basically, you have that amount of time to return the game for any reason (aside from physical destruction). It's not a refund though. You basically get what you paid to put towards other games. You have to spend it right then and there, but you can get as many games as what you had will pay for. I've seen people bring back one game and leave with three or four, only having to pay minimal above and beyond. The caveat is, what you pick up using that satisfaction guarantee is a final sale, so you can't just keep using that same money. You do however, get that sat guarantee back on future purchases.

It's the one thing that really pushes me to buy games at or around launch. Because I know if I just can't get into it, I can swap it out for a couple older games or something I already know that I enjoy.

• Like 1

I'll wait for a $40 GOTY edition is people I play with pick it up. Was really interested in it, but a boring alpha and the fact that they're shamelessly making it DLC vehicle were huge turn offs.

How much of that DLC actually matters though? I thought it was just skins and stuff and all the maps would be free.

That's what I had read, as well. Seems more that people are up in arms about the principle. Personally, I don't care if the cosmetic stuff costs moolah while the meaty stuff is free. That's my belief of how microtransactions should be.

Complaining about the DLC is ridiculous. It's all material bullshit that doesn't affect the game at all. Oh no, they are charging for weapon skins and monster skins that you don't care about! How dare they!

DLC is part of the gaming scene now. Complaining about DLC that should have been included in the base game is one thing, but complaining about cosmetic skins is just beyond stupid to me.

We are getting every map free of charge and the only thing you don't get in the season pass is the one announced monster and the skins. Is it dumb that the monster isn't included? Yeah, but to say you refuse to buy the game for it is short sighted.

It's gotten to the point where people complain about the dlc just out of spite without even knowing what they're complaining about. Do some research.