MLB: The Show 15

Meacon Keaton

Pretty sure you can turn base running off in RttS.

Also, a force out is what you think it is.

And the players on a team are numbered by position (different from their jersey numbers).

6-4-3 would be SS to 2B to 1B in the order the fielders touch thwith ball. 9Y is also how you got out. Not sure about the Y though? For example, if it was F9 it would mean fly out to number 9/right field (I think, one of the outfielders anyway). Could also by P9 for a pop out or L for a lineout. Or FC for fielders choice which is when you are already on base and the fielders get you you out instead of the batter when they hit it. I'm sure there are a bunch more but that's just a few.

Yeah I think it was F9 - good to know, thank you!

When you press R2 to guess a pitch, and get it right, does it just increase your chance of a hit? Should I be combining it with anything else?

Also, what's generally considered a good average? When I was .300+ it seemed like I had one of the better averages on my team?

Edit - Last question, promise... I haven't heard the "radio show" in my RTTS yet. Do you have to be playing in the Majors to get it?

No need to stop asking questions. If ya gots 'em, ask 'em.

The radio show is in RTTS, but it only talks about the majors. So even if you were to listen to it (I think you go to the calendar and hit X or Square on the previous day) it won't talk about your minor league career. But it's a nice way to stay up to date on what is happening in the bigs while you're down on the farm.

If you guess the pitch, the developers have said you do get a "hidden bonus" for a correct guess and "hidden penalty" for guessing wrong.

The 6-4-3 thing is shortstop to second to first. The numbers are as follows:

1 - Pitcher

2 - Catcher

3 - First Base

4 - Second Base

5 - Third Base

6 - Shortstop

7 - Left Field

8 - Center Field

9 - Right Field

Not really something you need to play the game, but just some basic baseball knowledge.

As for batting average, if you can hit better than .275 then you're doing pretty well. If you can carry a .300 average throughout your career, you're almost sure to be a Hall of Famer. That's what I love about baseball: You can fail 7 out of 10 times and still be great. :P

It's always worth it to guess the pitch, the bonus way outweighs the negative of the penalty and about 2/3rds of the pitches you see in a game from a starter are fastballs somewhere.

Edit: Assuming you're on 1 or no strike counts.

• Like 1

Trade finder is so wonderful. I always wanted to trade for some big names and knew I had the pieces but could never figure out how to put the trade together. Now? I just added Mike Trout and Matt Harvey right before the trade deadline and might get Buster Posey too

• Like 1

I'm finding that trading this year is incredibly well done. It's still possible to steal a deal once in awhile, but I'm finding that most of what's happening makes sense. Especially when I'm dealing with computer teams. If I've got a couple of good prospects I'm willing to deal, it's easier to get a player from a struggling team than from someone who leads their division... unless I'm sending someone who can play in the majors right away, and the guy I want is having an off-year.

I say it every year, but EA Sports needs to look at what SCEA is doing with The Show and really get their shit together.

If the Angels pulled that trade there would be hell on with the five of us fans still left in the wild! :P

I do feel that some players shouldn't be traded no matter what. The only way I would trade Trout was if I got two of him in return. But that lineup must be sick with Trout and the rest of he Cubbie kids.

Thanks for all the help guys.

And Sean - I might have phrased it wrong, but you were explaining what I was looking for when pitch counts were mentioned. Much thanks.

Thanks for all the help guys.

And Sean - I might have phrased it wrong, but you were explaining what I was looking for when pitch counts were mentioned. Much thanks.

Well I handle my bullpen in a very strange way; I don't tend to look at pitch counts so much as the score and the outs. If a pitcher is blown up early, I yank him after four and then use the bullpen to try and salvage whatever is left. If a pitcher is cruising and has a shutout going, I keep him in as long as he has a shutout. If a pitcher is cruising but has given up a run or two here or there, but we have a solid lead, I will pull him after six innings and use a reliever for a three inning save. If the score is close I keep the starter in for inning seven, then use a set up man for inning eight and a closer for inning nine. I don't worry about overall pitch counts because unless you have a couple absolute workhorses it's unlikely you'll end up in a situation where you pitch too many back to back complete games.

So when I read count I think the count of the at bat, not pitch counts.

:lol: Ok maybe trading isn't exactly realistic. I traded Starlin Castro to the Rockies after game 1 of our 4 game series. With the trade deadline coming up I figured what the hell and offered them a trade to get Castro back and they took it! So he played for them for 3 games :P

So how do you guys decide what games to play in your dynasty? I haven't tried out the option of starting in the middle of the at bat yet but I think I'm going to give it a shot next time I fire up the PS4.

So how do you guys decide what games to play in your dynasty? I haven't tried out the option of starting in the middle of the at bat yet but I think I'm going to give it a shot next time I fire up the PS4.

I have this thing where any sports game, I have to play every single game. Probably why I never make it through more than 1 season.