MLB: The Show 15

Meacon Keaton

With the year-to-year saves transferring over, I'm going to try to play every game this year with quick counts on. Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'll also be playing every second Bisons game, and every third Fisher Cats game.

• Like 1

Played my first game of my Franchise (spring training against the Pirates) and I must say, I really suck at pulse pitching and I'm just getting the hang of fielding. I was winning 3-0 until the 9th but an RBI and 2-run HR tied us up. Another two run HR put me out. I managed to get one run but couldn't pick up the last one I needed to get back into the game. Somehow I managed to hit into 5 god damn double plays this game. :(

Played my first game of my Franchise (spring training against the Pirates) and I must say, I really suck at pulse pitching and I'm just getting the hang of fielding. I was winning 3-0 until the 9th but an RBI and 2-run HR tied us up. Another two run HR put me out. I managed to get one run but couldn't pick up the last one I needed to get back into the game. Somehow I managed to hit into 5 god damn double plays this game. :(

I am always hitting it double plays. Do you use zonal batting? What I've started doing is putting the reticle at the top of batting zone and leaving a tonne of space beneath it. Anything the pitcher puts underneath when I have someone on first and no more than one out I leave the hell alone. Id rather strike out if I'm not sure. I have a habit of chasing balls beneath the zone and find this helps me from doing so.

I do use zonal batting but I'm still new to it so it's been an experiment really, I've hit a couple of near home runs but they usually just bounce off the wall so far. I have a habit of swinging at everything. For some reason it seems like the starting pitcher was always throwing strikes but once they started rotating through their bullpen, there were a lot more pitches that I shouldn't have been chasing so I've got to work on my timing as well.

With baseball games I usually pick one or two of my pitchers and play all of the games they start. That lead to my fabled undefeated season for Jon Lester in MLB 2K6.

After nine I'm 8-1 and most of the games have been pretty close, exciting ones.

Just won 3-1 in the 10th to sweep the Texans after being down 1 zip in the top of the 9th. Didn't think anything would come together but thankfully I got lucky with an error.

With baseball games I usually pick one or two of my pitchers and play all of the games they start. That lead to my fabled undefeated season for Jon Lester in MLB 2K6.

I do something like that. I'm trying to play one game a week, and I always pick the weakest starter to pitch with since I'll likely have a better outing with him than what the AI will simulate.

Have two RttS saves going, one as a 1B and one as a SP.

The more I mess with Pulse Pitching, the more I like the concept. I feel like control starts to slip a little too early in the game. Even if you're close to nailing the perfect release point in Pulse, pitches will go way out more often than they should (even for a rookie pitcher).

Bombed my first home run my second AAA game in on the 1B. Three-run go-ahead that wound up being the gamewinner. I knew all those flex points in batting would pay off :shifty:

Pure Analog is my favourite by far.

I've never been able to play games with pure analog. NHL 15 wants you to do it that way and I still have to use classic controls. I use my analog once in awhile to fire wrist shots or something but I still need to use the buttons.

NHL is the only sports game that I can use the analog stick. I've tried and failed at both MLB and NBA, but for some reason it just feels natural with NHL.

I can use the analog for shots, but playing defense is where it gets me. I find that hitting the triangle to check is just much easier than trying to do it with analog.

Back to this game though, I always find that I swing way too early because I get too over excited about hitting one out of the park. I also need to figure out when I should use power swing and when I should use regular swing.

This is how I try and build my MLB teams.

5 starters

1 long reliever (a guy who can come in and pitch multiple innings in case the starter gets knocked out early, this can either be a starter or a reliever who has a bit of stamina)

3 middle relievers (I try to have at least one of these guys be a lefty)

2 set up relievers (one typically pitches the 7th, one pitches the 8th)

1 closer

Then fill all your positions. If you're in the AL, you'll have a DH and 4 bench spots. If you're in the NL, you'll have 5 bench spots.

As an AL team, I try and fill my bench with 1 back-up catcher, 1 extra infielder, 1 extra outfielder, and then a utility guy (someone who can play a bunch of positions).