MLB: The Show 15

Meacon Keaton

Man, The Jay's starting pitchers right now make me want to throw the game. I did well with Hutchinson but Dickey and his knuckleball just frustrates me because I can't seem to hit my mark with it at all.

I'm the opposite. I love the simplicity with Dickey. Knuckleball every time.

Yeah, you only have to play as your own character.

You only have to do your own at-bats, your own fielding and your own base-running. You can also turn off fielding and base-running if all you want to do is bat as your RTTS player.

You can also play as your character for every single pitch whether the result involves you or not, or set baserunning to only have you control if you're the lead runner.

Just come across a AA relief pitcher called Buck Dukes! :D

Whenever I play RTTS, I always start with my own name, but then I love to mix things up in my different position ones. Coming up with fun baseball names is a ton of fun. Lefty Gonzalez, Bo Burns, etc. My friend has a long standing tradition of naming his player Tug Cox.

I had a friend get his RTTS player auto named as Chubby Dick a few years back, He felt like it must be fate. Kept it.

I went to college for four years. And all I got was to be drafted with the Diamondbacks. :(

Same, 6th round to the Rockies first up and then 6th round the Brewers.

It worked out though, Made the Show in spring training start of my second year as a backup to Ryan Braun. But the starting 3rd baseman is terrible so I'm stealing his playing time in addition to playing right whenever Braun takes a day off.

This game is fantastic. I can't get enough.

I've started a franchise with the Rangers and have made a few moves including bringing in Zack Wheeler, Chris Tillman, Denard Span, Yoenis Cespedes and Greg Holland. Any franchise I do always has a few moves in the first couple of weeks of the season and then I settle down. I'm at that point now.

6-6 after twelve and just forced the Mariners to pull Fenix Hernandez in the fourth even though I'm hitting at Hall of Fane level. Properly chuffed with that.

• Like 1

Played my RTTS pitcher last night. I'm a Yankees prospect. I've been super inconsistent so far. I'll go from pitching 8 innings of 3 hit ball to throwing 3 innings and giving up 6 runs. Pretty frustrating.

I end up relying too much on a certain pitch when I find it's working. It's frustrating when my slider won't break. It's one of my go-to strike out pitches and when it's 2-0 and they hammer it, well, it sucks.

Rented this last night. Been playing quite a bit the last little while, great stuff. I'm not huge on following baseball but I love this game. Started RTTS and ended up being drafted 6th by the Red Sox becoming one of their top prospects in AA

Played my first franchise game as the Yankees and got no hit by RA Rickey. Danny knuckleball!

At least Tanaka carried his into the 7th but I fucked up on an infield hit that should've been an out and misread a couple outfield liners. So I'm great at pitching but my fielding and offense are complete trash. But I'm the Yankees so it's realistic. :P

...aside from the great pitching. :(

• Like 1

I was playing against the Cubs and I hit a very tiny dribbler that didn't even make it to the pitcher's mound. No one reacted at all and I got to first, still no reaction, so I head towards second and the ball boy comes out, picks up the ball and heads back to his seat while to stretch it into the easiest triple I've ever had. I was trying to make it an inside the park home run, but the game wouldn't let me go any further.

• Like 1