MLB: The Show 15

Meacon Keaton

I can rarely ever get runners on base, and can't ever score them. 98% of my runs come from solo home runs.

I can get runners on base but I can hardly ever score them. And I've hit like 3 home runs. Thankfully a couple of them have been multi scoring home runs.

Have you tried using the buttons instead of the analog stick? I can't hit worth shit using the stick. I go back and try every so often and it just doesn't work for me.

I'll give it a shot, but it will feel like such a step backwards in gaming. Been swing sticking since the MVP days.

I've had a lot more success with the guessing high fastball and not swinging unless I guess right. It's hard to watch some good pitches pass but it's helped more than its hurt.

Watching good pitches pass on this tactic is painful. For me though if I start swinging at the ones I know are good the next pitch I swing at something really, really bad. So I just don't swing until two strikes.

Joey Gallo is so goddamn tempting with all that power, but I don't think I've even gotten on base with him yet due to his abysmal contact ratings.

So what's the funnest mode to play? I always assumed it would be RTTS for me but that's really getting boring - I've heard that the mode where collect cards to make a team has been fun, but in the past I always hated how the cards had "contracts" - it just reeked of money grabbing and stuff like that, but apparently now they removed that particular restraint?

I imagine the card mode would be fun, but I'm not really familiar with enough players. I loved RTTS on '12,but after going through a whole career, winning the WS etc. I haven't had the motivation to stick with it in subsequent years. I'd really like to try my hand at a frnachise, but I fear my total inability to hit would handcuff the team somewhat.

And that's why I've got the credit still sat in my account and not spent on this year's game.