Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Central defender Tomas Kalas (best known for getting his first PL start in the Gerrard-slip game at Anfield and keeping a clean sheet LIKE A BOSS) is expected to return to Middlesbrough on loan next season, having previously joined the club on loan last winter.

Nathan "actually not Ruud Gullit's son" Ake is another Chelsea player for whom Boro is a likely loan destination this year.

Bah, why couldn't Blackburn become Chelsea North, Kalas is quality.

Hasn't Ayew been in the Prem before?

Central defender Tomas Kalas (best known for getting his first PL start in the Gerrard-slip game at Anfield and keeping a clean sheet LIKE A BOSS) is expected to return to Middlesbrough on loan next season, having previously joined the club on loan last winter.

Nathan "actually not Ruud Gullit's son" Ake is another Chelsea player for whom Boro is a likely loan destination this year.

Bah, why couldn't Blackburn become Chelsea North, Kalas is quality.

Hasn't Ayew been in the Prem before?

Nope, he's been at Marseilles since 2007.

• Admin

So McClaren is now officially appointed as Newcastle's head coach/manager, with Lee Clark possibly becoming his assistant. McClaren is quite decent, right? Clark, well....

EDIT: Lineker sucks. :/

Too slow and the wrong thread! Poor.

I, like many other Albion fans, would like to see us move for Micah Richards. It means we could bring Craig Dawson back inside to centre half where he was getting better and better with Lescott by his side, and still have a strong player at right back who can be coached into doing a certain role in our back four.

John Guidetti is available too. He could be decent cover for Berahino and Ideye (who I still don't want to see leave the club), and dare I say it...Victor Anichebe *shudders*.

You what? Big Vic is a tank, and an absolute legend. Be grateful you have him.

Fuck you all. You don't have to watch the bloke run walk around every week and hold his hamstring and/or groin after 5 minutes. :lol:

To his credit, he does pop up on the rare occasion with some important goals. I'm pretty sure he's only ever scored one or two goals for us that didn't win us a point or all three and they came against City who we would not be expected to get anything off and I think QPR when we lost 4-1 this season.

Oh yeah, to put that into context, he's only got 6 league goals for us :mellow: I do love Big Vic really, though, as shite as he is.

I see on the BBC that Mourinho is "hurt" by Falcao getting criticised and wants to help revive his career.

We're supposed to be close to signing a young right back, cue everyone immediately becoming convinced we're selling Byram. Personally I don't think we are, Byram has been moved to a more advanced role in the last year or so, I think it's more indicative that we don't want a centre half playing right back any more. Saying that I'd rather we signed a left back and let Berardi play on his natural side or even a left winger and put Charlie Taylor back in at left back.

But yeah, Byram may be leaving... If he does I hope it's to a good premier league side, it'd be a step backwards if we're going to sell him to a Norwich or WBA.

even though pretty much anyone would score more goals playing for Chelsea, than never playing for United.

...You think Falcao is going to play significantly more? He got more appearances for United last season than Remy did for Chelsea, for example.

I think he would be second choice no? And in a team which creates far more than United.

You'll know better than I, but didn't Drogba and Remy split the games where Costa didn't play? I could see Falcao being the back up to Costa and Remy being in the wilderness to be fair.

Although obviously not a precise indication of minutes, all three of Costa/Remy/Drogba got between 30 and 40 appearances each last season. The same kind of split occured between the trio of Torres/Eto'o/Ba the year before. I see nothing to suggest that this will change in 2015/16.

Plus a bunch of the arguments I've heard, such as "the rest of the Chelsea team are better so he'll do better", are eerily familiar of old Fernando Torres debates... :shifty: