Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Petr Cech to Arsenal rumours seem to be heating up.

I would be more than chuffed. Just wonder who out of Ospina and Szczesny would leave. I would think Ospina, could make a tidy profit on him, then groom Szczesny under Cech's wing.

339598-969f2bc2-ba37-11e3-9580-78f49dffd

omg Gerrard's not leaving his boyhood club either guys!

Once a blue...

tbf, Liverpool do have a long history of producing players that were Everton supporters as kids. :P

Although for real, Gerrard has said before he signed for Liverpool (when he was, like, 8) he didn't really support one team. His dad supports Liverpool and his uncle supports Everton.

I was an Everton "fan" for a brief time in the late 80s/early 90s because of Kevin Sheedy (as much as an under 5 can be a football fan). We all make mistakes.

Speaking of mistakes, did you hear Benfica are bringing in Taarabt?

• Like 2

If Gerrard always supported more than one team then it's only fitting Liniker changes his name to Gerrard. He is misrepresenting our beloved Gary, he was always purely Leicester!

339598-969f2bc2-ba37-11e3-9580-78f49dffd

omg Gerrard's not leaving his boyhood club either guys!

Once a blue...

tbf, Liverpool do have a long history of producing players that were Everton supporters as kids. :P

Although for real, Gerrard has said before he signed for Liverpool (when he was, like, 8) he didn't really support one team. His dad supports Liverpool and his uncle supports Everton.

I was an Everton "fan" for a brief time in the late 80s/early 90s because of Kevin Sheedy (as much as an under 5 can be a football fan). We all make mistakes.

Definitely looks like he supports one team in that photo.

• Like 1

General media consensus at this time is to expect the Falcao/Chelsea deal to be complete within maybe 24 hours.

Well......super.

Even though obviously I don't want Chelsea to do well, I hope he finds his form again whether it's at Chelsea or elsewhere. He seemed very humble and always looked like he was trying. By the end he was being unfairly criticised even when he had an okay game in my opinion. At least Chelsea is the lesser of the four evils, Liverpool, City and Piers Morgan.

Edited by unitedツ
  • Like 1

Falcao is going to be super pissed when he finds out he's getting loaned out to Vitesse.

• Like 7

Mikel could be off to the UAE. Reports suggest that he has agreed personal terms with the club Al-Ain in Dubai and it's now up to the club to agree a fee with Chelsea.

Irrespective of where he actually goes, Mikel has always seemed a likely exit this summer. He may not be as celebrated as Drogba, Cech etc., but he does belong to that 'generation' of Chelsea squads so it will add to the End of an Era feeling when he does move on.

Every transfer window I find myself more amazed that Mikel has managed to stay with us. He's always been expendable compared to a lot of our other players, and yet he's managed seven years now, is it?

But at the same time, I'll be sad to see him go :(

Edited by Stannis Jeratheon

Nine years! He joined in summer 2006.

He's been modest, professional, happy to be benched and (contrary to the beliefs of a number of Chelsea fans) largely solid when called upon. That's basically why he's stuck around.

But there's a combination of two things that make it seem more likely now. Firstly, we're not otherwise engaged with the departure of a more key midfielder and finding a replacement for them (as with Lampard last year). Secondly, we now have alternatives for the kind of "game-killing" second half substitutions that José likes to have in his locker - most obviously, Kurt Zouma.

Now that he no longer has the monopoly on this tactical niche in the squad, I'll be surprised if he's still here in September.