Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Apparently Mourinho cheekily asked for Chamberlain in exchange for Cech.

And how much will you be paying us then José?

Ignoring for one moment that, in cash terms, goalkeepers are criminally undervalued in comparison to AMs in nearly every transfer ever, the ratio in actual football value to any title-winning/contending team of a Petr Cech to an Oxlade-Chamberlain is approximately eleventy billion to one.

But good news! 99% of player exchange rumours are nonsense and we have plenty of our own AMs who flatter to deceive already. :P

Yeah, even it were true, Cech is worth way more than Ox imo.

Given their current happiness at their clubs, ages, positions and Ox being English and homegrown I'd argue that he's probably worth double Cech is.

Cech is the better player but that doesn mean he's worth more.

• Like 1

That'll be Clyne on his way out.

Also Richards is a good signing for Villa if he can stay injury free. Might be on high wages like.

Yeah, even it were true, Cech is worth way more than Ox imo.

Given their current happiness at their clubs, ages, positions and Ox being English and homegrown I'd argue that he's probably worth double Cech is.

Cech is the better player but that doesn mean he's worth more.

I think a lot comes down to what Arsenal actually need, for me Chamberlain for Cech would be a good deal. Arsenal haven't had a top top (top) keeper for a long time, but are absolutely swimming in attacking midfielders. That's weirdly not how football tends to work (insert English players formula here), but I'd take that if I'm Wenger, a Petr Cech could easily be the difference between them being also rans and them being champions.

Skrtel has agreed a new deal

Joe Gomez is set to be having a medical with us today or tomorrow according to Sky. FM signing for the future.