Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Tomorrow I am going to write down every club in the Prem league and whatever name I draw out of a hat will get my support!

Unless it's Man U. Then I'll draw again.

You should extend the possibilities to Championship clubs likely to be in the running to come and/or with big stadiums and fanbases: so like Derby, Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday etc.

I was actually just talking to Niner about this. We get absolutely no Championship matches on TV over here. So while they may be moving up in a year or two, it doesn't really help my ability to follow them, at least on television, this season.

Plus "Fuck Leeds" right? >_>

I would suggest Bournemouth. They've just completed an incredible feat of three promotions in seven years to get into the Prem. It's going to be a struggle for them, but who doesn't love an underdog story?

• Like 1

I was actually just talking to Niner about this. We get absolutely no Championship matches on TV over here. So while they may be moving up in a year or two, it doesn't really help my ability to follow them, at least on television, this season.

I would suggest Bournemouth. They've just completed an incredible feat of three promotions in seven years to get into the Prem. It's going to be a struggle for them, but who doesn't love an underdog story?

Provided you're happy to pick a new team next year, of course. :shifty:

• Like 3

• Admin

Tomorrow I am going to write down every club in the Prem league and whatever name I draw out of a hat will get my support!

Unless it's Man U. Then I'll draw again.

You should extend the possibilities to Championship clubs likely to be in the running to come and/or with big stadiums and fanbases: so like Derby, Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday etc.

Not to mention they almost went out of business (twice) before the upward trend started. I genuinely do feel like they have the best shot of staying up out of the three promoted teams.

• Like 1

• Admin
Newly-promoted Bournemouth have agreed a deal in principle to sign defender Sylvain Distin. The 37-year-old left Everton when his contract expired at the end of the season. Distin is still to have a medical but it is not anticipated there will be any barrier to the deal going through. If he does sign, Bournemouth will become Distin's fifth Premier League club after previous spells with Newcastle, Manchester City, Portsmouth - where he won the FA Cup in 2008 - and Everton.

• Admin
Juventus have signed Croatia striker Mario Mandzukic from Atletico Madrid for £13.6m. The 29-year-old only joined Atletico last summer from Bayern Munich and scored 20 goals in 43 games for the Spanish side. He has agreed a four-year deal with the beaten Champions League finalists, who said the fee could rise to £15m.

• Admin
New York City FC could boast a star-studded, if aged, line-up next season in MLS, with the New York Daily News reporting that Andrea Pirlo will join Frank Lampard and David Villa at the club.
Pirlo has one year left to run on his contract with Juventus, but the Daily News says he will negotiate his way out of the deal when the summer transfer window opens in July. His salary expectations are believed to be similar to those of Lampard and Villa at around $6m a season. Pirlo would be a Designated Player, meaning his wages would be outside the team’s salary cap.
Although Pirlo has yet to comment on any move to the US, he was seen at Yankee Stadium on Saturday night with the Manchester City chief executive, Ferran Soriano.
While there is no doubt about Pirlo’s pedigree as a player – he has won the World Cup, two Champions Leagues and six Serie A titles – there are questions about the age of NYC FC’s squad. If Pirlo were to join all three of their Designated Players would be well into their 30s. Pirlo is 36, Lampard 37 and Villa 33. The NYC FC coach, Jason Kreis, is understood to want a younger core of players for the expansion team.
After a poor start to their first season, NYC FC have won their last three games and are level on points with their cross city rivals, the Red Bulls. The two teams play each other this weekend.

• Admin

Danny Wilson has become Mark Warburton's first signing as Rangers manager, with the defender returning to Ibrox after leaving Hearts. The 23-year-old decided to leave Tynecastle after they beat Rangers to the Scottish Championship title and has agreed a three-year contract.

The Ramos thing looks very much like pulling a Rooney anyhow and wanting an extra £100k week for no real reason. So I don't see anything happening unless he genuinely want to move.

According to Sky Sports Sources (IE anything on the internets) we have held talks with Roberto Firminho, Carlos Bacca and Salomon Rondon.

Sellling Sterling for hopefully 50mil and getting in Firmino and one of the other two would be a good bit of business.

Swedish international goalkeeper Kristoffer Nordfeldt has signed a three-year deal with the Swans.

Looks like he'll provide some competition for Fabianski, needed a back-up goalkeeper since Tremmel and Cornell departed.

According to Sky Sports Sources (IE anything on the internets) we have held talks with Roberto Firminho, Carlos Bacca and Salomon Rondon.

Sellling Sterling for hopefully 50mil and getting in Firmino and one of the other two would be a good bit of business.

Having learned Carlos Bacca used to be a bus conductor and he also sold fish I think he should be signed right now.