Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

The transfer window isn't even open yet properly and we've got two first team players in, we've got two promising english youngsters and we've got a backup keeper who should be a slight improvement on Jones.

We still have Sterling to sell, and hopefully we can get Clyne in at right back and possibly another striker. So far so good! Makes a change from our normal dealings.

Looks to me like they've overpaid for Firmino. Apparently it's £21mil potentially rising to £30mil. He's had a good season but that's a whole lot of money for what is essentially an unproven talent.

That being said Man City are going to grossly overpay for Sterling so it'll be like Carroll all over again who cost -£15mil!

Firimino had been pretty consistent throughout his time in Germany, no? He was 2nd best last year in goals if IRC.

Still, I agree it is a gamble somewhat, but it always is most times with that kind of fee.

• Admin
Sunderland have made an offer in excess of £11m for the PSV Eindhoven midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum, who is also a target for their north-east rivals Newcastle United. The Sunderland manager Dick Advocaat is understood to have made contact with the Dutch club to register his interest in the 24-year-old Holland international, who scored 14 Eredivisie goals last season as PSV cruised to the title. Wijnaldum was voted player of the year in the Eredivisie, ahead of Memphis Depay who recently signed for Manchester United
Arsenal have signed the Romania Under-16 captain Vlad Dragomir from ACS Poli Timisoara for €100,000 (£71,000) and he will begin his career at the north London club as a first-year scholar. The midfielder, who was wanted by Internazionale, has been pictured holding an Arsenal shirt alongside Dick Law, the club’s transfer negotiator, and his agent, Catalin Sarmasan. “I am very glad and I hope not to disappoint anyone,” Dragomir, who signed a three-year contract, said. “The Arsenal offer seemed the best to me, I felt that this is my place.” Arsenal will announce the full list of their first-year scholars next week, with the majority of them having progressed from the club’s Hale End academy. Sarmasan said: “I offered Vlad to Arsenal a year and a half ago and they have monitored him closely. In my opinion, he is one of the most talented young players in Europe at the moment.”
Bayern Munich say the goalkeeper Pepe Reina is returning to Napoli following one season as backup to Manuel Neuer. The Bundesliga champions say Reina asked to be released from his contract so that he could have more playing time. The 32-year-old, who has 33 caps for Spain, made just three Bundesliga appearances last season. Bayern have signed Sven Ulreich from Stuttgart to take Reina’s place as their new reserve keeper.
The Atlético Madrid midfielder Arda Turan wants a move to the Premier League this summer and has three offers from top English clubs, according to his agent. The Turkey international has two years left on his contract with the Spanish club and has been strongly linked with a move away from the Vicente Calderón stadium this summer.
The Arsenal and Milan target Jackson Martínez is set for a move to Atlético Madrid, according to the player’s agent. Luiz Henrique Pompeo told the Spanish newspaper AS the deal was confirmed on Tuesday for a fee of €35m (£24.8m) and the Colombian striker is said to be looking forward to joining up with his new team-mates.
Brighton have signed defender Liam Rosenior on a three-year deal. Rosenior, 30, was released by relegated Hull City at the end of the season after a five-year spell with the club.

Leeds have signed Palermo defender Sol Bamba for an undisclosed fee. The 30-year-old Ivory Coast international finished the 2014-15 season on loan at Elland Road, scoring one goal in 19 appearances. The former Leicester City man has now signed a two-year deal with the option of a third.

Arsenal have signed the Romania Under-16 captain Vlad Dragomir from ACS Poli Timisoara for €100,000 (£71,000) and he will begin his career at the north London club as a first-year scholar. The midfielder, who was wanted by Internazionale, has been pictured holding an Arsenal shirt alongside Dick Law, the club’s transfer negotiator, and his agent, Catalin Sarmasan. “I am very glad and I hope not to disappoint anyone,” Dragomir, who signed a three-year contract, said. “The Arsenal offer seemed the best to me, I felt that this is my place.” Arsenal will announce the full list of their first-year scholars next week, with the majority of them having progressed from the club’s Hale End academy. Sarmasan said: “I offered Vlad to Arsenal a year and a half ago and they have monitored him closely. In my opinion, he is one of the most talented young players in Europe at the moment.”

:lol: What a name.

• Like 3

I believe Firmino is responsible for something like 1/4 of Hoffenheim's goals in the last couple of season. Huge a mount of assists, doesn't get injured much, he's got a high workrate and he's made the step up to international football pretty seamlessly. Liverpool still need an out and out striker but he fits the bill for the kind of attacking option that Liverpool need. Plus, he's 23. He's played in one of the stronger European leagues and done well for a few years already.

I don't know if Sterling will go. If City or anyone else get him it will be for bonkers money anyway. I still fill it will be bad move for him.

When was the last time someone came to the Premier League from Germany and really hit the ground running? This is a genuine question. There's got to be someone more recent than Berbatov.

edit: ooh, Papis Cisse, right? But that was short lived.

Do Liverpool fans not want Sterling to go after his shocking, greedy behaviour?

I'd want him gone regardless of his quality.

If he decides to stay and has a few good games nobody'll care anymore.

Seven Gerrard more or less did the exact same thing when he wanted more money and the fans got over it pretty quick.

Admittedly Gerrard did it in a less wankery way and was more proven and older when he put in his transfer request.

There's been several players from the Bundesliga who have done well over the past few seasons but no one that's been amazing week in week out.

In terms of Sterling I want him gone just because I think the situation has been handled the complete wrong way. I think the club could have handled it better but him and his agent have made it kind of impossible for him to stay really. Goes out to the media and moans, his agent starts being a nob and his performances at times during the second half of the season at times was crap but tbf in regards to that last point from about March onwards we were bollocks.

I'm disappointed to be losing someone who has great potential to be a great player but he could easily not live up to that potential. But as pointed out football can be very fickle and if he played and did well I'm sure it'd be forgotten about after a while.

And Demba Ba before him. That's about it until you go back to the days of Vincent Kompany signing for Man City in 2008.

Kompany was very average and playing a midfield role when he was first signed by City, he did not really become a great player for a couple of years.