Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Sky: Arsenal and Chelsea agree £10.9m fee for the transfer of Petr Cech.

I've never been quite so excited to sign a goalkeeper. Absolute top quality.

This would be 3 genuine world class players we have signed in the last 3 summers. Feels so foreign to me.

• Like 1

• Admin
Crystal Palace and England Under-18s full-back Mandela Egbo has signed for German Bundesliga side Borussia Monchengladbach on a four-year deal. The 17-year-old has played 18 times for England at different youth levels and was part of the squad that won the European Under-17 Championship in 2014. Egbo will play with the German club's under-23 squad next season.

The latest rumour for Chelsea squad signings is that they have offered €15 million for Augsburg's 21 year old Ghanaian left-back, Baba Rahman. I know nothing about him but he's supposedly decent.

All the same, I'm mildly concerned by the way this summer so far has a 2007 "meet our marquee signings, Steve Sidwell and Tal Ben-Haim" air about it. :unsure:

Sky: Arsenal and Chelsea agree £10.9m fee for the transfer of Petr Cech.

Oh man :(. I've no idea why it's taken so long for Arsenal to buy a top quality keeper. Like, how we got Lloris instead of Arsenal still baffles me. Think this could end up being such a huge signing.

I honestly think this is the signing of the summer, nowhere near enough stock is placed into the signing of a genuinely top class goalkeeper and I think this will give Arsenal a real chance to push for the title. I'll put a bet on it and ruin it for everyone.

• Like 4

£29 million for Frimino is just further proof that the papers are full of shit. We were supposed to paying like £13.5 million a few weeks ago.

The £29m figure they've come to includes his wages for five years plus £11m(!) paid to his third party owners, so the actual transfer fee to Hoffenheim works out at something like £14m. So... close.

Edited by Social Justice Nerf

How good do Liverpool fans expect Firmino to be? I don't know a lot about him, but people are presumably going to be excited about the prospect of a Brazilian international. Can anyone more knowledgeable than me offer an educated prediction?

£29 million for Frimino is just further proof that the papers are full of shit. We were supposed to paying like £13.5 million a few weeks ago.

The £29m figure they've come to includes his wages for five years plus £11m(!) paid to his third party owners, so the actual transfer fee to Hoffenheim works out at something like £14m. So... close.

£4m wages over 5 years? I know players like this can be on fairly cheap wages, but surely not £15kpw cheap.

• Like 1

£4m wages over 5 years? I know players like this can be on fairly cheap wages, but surely not £15kpw cheap.

I am not good at maths :shifty:

Either way, this is one of those times the media spin a fee (like failing to convert euros and pounds) to make things sound big and exciting.

I'm guessing Firminho is a direct replacement for Sterling?

Pretty much. He can play wide or up front but he's a natural #10. I imagine we'll see Coutinho, Firmino and Lallana dovetailing a lot.

By all accounts our summer incomings from now will be Firmino/Bacca/Clyne/Illarramendi, which would be RIDICULOUS. I'd probably take all four of them over Sterling on their own, let alone as a group. Real signal of intent, let's just hope it comes off.

I like how this is deal got done. In the last few summers Liverpool have dithered about trying to sign what appear to be their first choice targets. All the while easily picking up players who are 19-20 years old or free transfers.

The fact that the club actually went out and got a deal done for a player who has been linked to moves to Utd, for example, I hope is a sign that whoever is doing the negotiations for Liverpool was actually looking to get a deal done and not hemming and hawing over little things.