Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Benteke is great, but he's going to leave sooner or later. As long as stump up £15m - £20m for a decent replacement and pocket the rest I'll be happy. But what striker of that value is going to want to come and play for us in our current state?

Someone did one with Grant Holt the other day spoke to the agent then spoke to him personally pretending he was Sean Dyche.

Funny that though

Although, again, this is sourced only from Marca...whose recent record with Chelsea transfer stories has been "Costa is sick of England and wants to leave RIGHT NOW", prompting a Costa on-camera response along the lines of "I have no fucking clue what you're talking about" less than 12 hours later...but they now claim that Falcao is 'expecting his move to Chelsea to be completed soon'.

Fuck-off-fuck-off-fuck-off-fuck-off

I mean, if you can afford Falcao as a 3rd striker, why not? With Costa obviously first-choice and with Remy as a more than capable back-up, if you've got someone who was as good as Falcao who's out to prove a point, then I definitely wouldn't say no.

I have literally no idea why would even want Falcao. Even made of glass Remy outscored him last season. Falcao adds nothing except more wages to pay.

Pre-injury he was amazing. I guess clubs are willing to gamble that he will eventually return to that form and last season was just a blip on the radar. Risky though considering his enormous wages.

If I were Chelsea I'd be offering him a one year contract on around 100k a week with an option of a second year on an improved wage. If he's wanting 150k a week or more on the basis that he might not end up being as shit as he was last year.

From what I've read, Marca is one of the most infamously unreliable major news sources in European football. Its writers have a long history of swearing blind that major players are joining major teams (usually Real Madrid, since that's the club the newspaper primarily focuses on), so if the Falcao rumour is accurate, it'll probably be a coincidence rather than good journalism.