Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

A 1-2-7 formation with Jones at the back pulling faces, Blind and Hererra in midfield to pump balls up to Fellaini (playing in the Duncan Ferguson role) and Rooney, Mata, Depay, Di Maria, Benzema, Kane and Gaitan camping in the opposition's box looking for knock downs.

Could work.

In keeping with that formation, the team will also be wearing massively oversized shorts, waxed moustaches, monocles, smoking a half time cigar and talking about the political situation in Prussia.

• Like 2

We're also close to confirming the Nicolas Otamendi transfer from Valencia - that's the one I'm really excited about, but it just isn't going to happen.

I used to sign him for United every year on FM from Porto - always ended up being my best centre back, and only ever cost £10-12m

Are you guys going to see if you can get another of those fake transfer stories trending again this window?

Most certainly!!

I remember my Robbie Keane being spotted at a Greggs in Sunderland ahead of a loan move making it onto the BBC live text update.

• Like 3

I remember Matt suggesting we started a rumour with Jonny Howson being linked to QPR. That pissed off some Leeds fans on Twitter

We're also close to confirming the Nicolas Otamendi transfer from Valencia - that's the one I'm really excited about, but it just isn't going to happen.

I used to sign him for United every year on FM from Porto - always ended up being my best centre back, and only ever cost £10-12m

Get off him, you Manc bastards.

• Like 2

I was planning to post in here banging on about potential Albion transfers but I've seen we have a few resident Villa fans... <_<

Must say, Bournemouth seem like they're doing some good business so far. Having been relegated in the past with Scott Carson in net, WBA fans know how important having a decent keeper is in winning the points needed to keep you up. If they get Atsu in on loan too, they'll have the makings of a team well-equipped to stay in the division.

How have you coped for so long?!

I had kind of hoped we would go after Ben Gladwin. Would be a decent back-up to James Morrison in our three-man midfield of Mozza, Fletcher and Yacob. Pretty much the only area of our squad that doesn't need changing this summer (that and centre half, though Olsson leaving with a young centre back coming in wouldn't be a bad thing).

We've been linked with Jedinak which would be a good albeit bizarre signing. I wouldn't want him if he was going to take Yacob's spot in the side.