Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

We've been linked with about 50+ players already.

Ranging from the likes of Pedro, Lavezzi, Tevez, Pirlo to Charlie Austin.

I'm still sticking with the theory of Jonny Evans having dirt on Fergie, it must be the only reason why he got played so much.

Man.Utd do need a better option for centre back than Jonny Evans though. I've seen Otamendi linked with a move now that Hummels has said he is staying at Dortmund.

Barcelona are willing to offer 50M for Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey.

Manchester United have confirmed their interest on Bastian Schweinsteiger, who could be available for 10M this summer.

Lucas Leiva is set to leave Liverpool to form a partnership with Yaya Touré at Internazionale.

I wouldn't sell Ramsey even for that money. Unless we had a world class replacement all lined up to go, he's too good for the team and I personally don't really think we need to sell him. Obviously if he wants to go that's a different matter but I'd say look at Song and maybe to a lesser extent Fabregas to see how it'll turn out.

They can have Wilshere instead :shifty:

• Admin

The Telegraph are reporting that we are set to announce the signing of Kieran Trippier from Burnley. We've supposedly met his £3.5m minimum fee release clause, with 40% of that going to his previous club, City.

Would be pleased with that signing. Not a lot of money for a promising defender who could fill the problematic RB slot. Shame that Bournemouth look set to miss out on him though <_<

If it were someone like Baddar, Summers or Stoker saying "We are trying to sign ____" then it works but when it's Liniker...

• Like 2

They probably realise that they can't replace all those players in one summer (at least not if they're all of the £30m calibre they probably will be), so they're picking a few to keep on for another year and I guess Yaya is one of them.

That's about as much of a 'rebuild' as clearing out your guttering.

Also, new term. REBUILD and/or SUMMER REBUILD.

• Like 2

• Admin

Southampton release six players as boss Ronald Koeman rebuilds ahead of next season. Jos Hooiveld, Artur Boruc, Cody Cropper, Omar Rowe, Jake Sinclair and Chris Johns have been released from their contracts, the club has announced.

Unsurprisingly, Bournemouth have already signed Boruc on a one-year deal. He was on loan there this past season.