Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Since we seem to be going the FM signing route, let's just get Eder Balanta in and that's all our defensive problems ever solved. >_>

Would the likes of Depay, Strootman, Blind, Vlaar etc be linked with United in other circumstances than it being fellow dutchman van Gaal in charge? Not doubting their quality obviously but Blind especially I'd never heard of before the world cup.

I dunno maybe it's just more obvious cos he came straight from coaching the national team.

I think we were linked with Vlaar sometime last season or before, not entirely sure.

We were linked with Strootman before LVG came though, but we get linked with every decent central midfield player 'to be United's new Keane' or 'fill the Paul Scholes shaped hole in United's midfield'

We could and should have had Strootman for about 13-14 million but ridiculously Moyes seemed to pass up on the opportunity and he went to Roma instead.

Happy to get Depay in so early.

"PSG were already very serious for Memphis before the winter break. We had reached an agreement with Paris Saint-Germain and I'd have said he would be joining PSG had you asked me about his next destination two days ago." PSV sporting director, Brands told Omroep Brabant.

"Only in the last 48 hours did Manchester United step up their interest and things went very fast from there on. In the end, the player decides where he wants to go and he wanted Manchester."

:)

• Admin
Relegated Championship side Blackpool have made Blyth Spartans winger Jarrett Rivers their first signing for next season for an undisclosed fee. He scored the winner in the Northern Premier League side's FA Cup second round win over League Two's Hartlepool. The 21-year-old, who worked in his mother's newsagents, had a trial at Oldham in January. Rivers came through the youth system at Middlesbrough and has agreed a one-year deal with an option of a further year.

Liverpool and Chelsea have made their interests known for Andrea Pirlo, with MLS also targeting the Italian playmaker.

Tottenham are trying to sign defender Toby Alderweireld on a permanent deal.

Atlético de Madrid foward Antoine Griezmann is open for a summer move to Chelsea.

Surely climate in Manchester isn't too different to that in Holland.

Pretty much identical.

Liverpool and Chelsea have made their interests known for Andrea Pirlo, with MLS also targeting the Italian playmaker.

I mean, sure, we need a new midfielder that we have to play like shit to accommodate now Gerrard is leaving.

Hmmm, either this is just bumping the price up or we've got an extra year out of him. I'd have liked a 3 year contract but I'm not going to complain about one of the best young centre midfielders in England re-signing.

Mowatt, Byram and Taylor next plz

Nathan as a Brazilian name for a footballer will never not be amusing. Don't Chelsea have Wallace as well??

Hmmm, either this is just bumping the price up or we've got an extra year out of him. I'd have liked a 3 year contract but I'm not going to complain about one of the best young centre midfielders in England re-signing.

Mowatt, Byram and Taylor next plz

I am signing for Sheffield Wednesday instead, sorry.

• Like 1

We do have a Wallace. His agent insisted that he go out on loan to some really good club like Inter Milan, so we let him and unsurprisingly he was too shit to ever play there. The next season he begrudgingly slunk off to Vitesse with his tail between his legs.

He's a not-especially-good right-back who was signed during a period (circa the end of 2012) where the people at Chelsea clearly didn't know how to pick out the better prospects yet (see also: Cristian Cuevas, who even failed to get a game at Vitesse and is now back on loan in his native Chile). I'll wager he will never play in England.