Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

He should do well for United. He could be another Babel but I think he's too good to end up that way. The Van Gaal factor was always going to be a big influence in his decision. :(

Would the likes of Depay, Strootman, Blind, Vlaar etc be linked with United in other circumstances than it being fellow dutchman van Gaal in charge? Not doubting their quality obviously but Blind especially I'd never heard of before the world cup.

I dunno maybe it's just more obvious cos he came straight from coaching the national team.

Would the likes of Depay, Strootman, Blind, Vlaar etc be linked with United in other circumstances than it being fellow dutchman van Gaal in charge? Not doubting their quality obviously but Blind especially I'd never heard of before the world cup.

I dunno maybe it's just more obvious cos he came straight from coaching the national team.

I dunno - I'd been aware of Daley Blind for some years. Possibly more because of his famous father, but he definitely wasn't suddenly a name player.

Is Depay more of a winger or a forward? I know he can play up top but I thought he was more of left sided winger.

Surely Nani will be going in the summer? Cause United are already pretty stacked in terms of wingers.

I imagine you'll be boosting defensive options as well, at least its a good start getting business concluded this early for a player.

Can't see you not finishing top 4 unless you drastically fuck up (and we don't do the usual "Oh wait they've fucked up, we can't fuck this up...oh wait we have)

I think even if you didn't finish top 4 the chance to be at Man.Utd and working with LVG again would still favour heavily with him.

People make a lot of our defensive issue but I'm not so sure we'll see much in the way of centre backs. Jones and Smalling have done well together when they've been fit. I'm sure we'll get players in for depth, but someone like Hummels I'm not so sure.

Right back and centre mid are where we need to focus on. We desperately need someone who can do the Carrick role as effectively as Carrick can.

Since we seem to be going the FM signing route, let's just get Eder Balanta in and that's all our defensive problems ever solved. >_>

I think we were linked with Vlaar sometime last season or before, not entirely sure.

We were linked with Strootman before LVG came though, but we get linked with every decent central midfield player 'to be United's new Keane' or 'fill the Paul Scholes shaped hole in United's midfield'

Since we seem to be going the FM signing route, let's just get Eder Balanta in and that's all our defensive problems ever solved. >_>

Maxim Tsigalko is an obvious Falcao replacement.

• Like 1

Maxim Tsigalko is an obvious Falcao replacement.

Nah, that boy could never get a work permit in England.