Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

Juventus are favourites to sign Chelsea midfielder Oscar, with West Ham's Enner Valencia lined up as his replacement.

Louis Van Gaal wants to sign Danny Ings and Mats Hummels for Manchester United.

Liverpool will offload Mario Balotelli and use the money to finance a move for Falcao García.

Nathaniel Clyne is set to leave Southampton for £17m, going to Manchester United.

Patrick Vieira is the favourite to take the manager job at Manchester City, should Pellegrini get sacked.

Manchester United have asked about the availability of PSV Eindhoven forward Memphis Depay, according to the newly crowned Dutch champions.

The 21-year-old is the leading scorer in the Eredivisie, with his 20 goals helping PSV win the title for the first time in seven years.

"We have had a telephone call from them about him," PSV's technical director Marcel Brands said on Dutch television. "But no talks have been held. Several top clubs have expressed interest."

Netherlands international Depay scored PSV's second goal as they overcame Heerenveen 4-1 on Saturday to win their first Eredivisie title since 2008.

Brands said Depay would cost more than the 20 million euros (£14.4m), which is roughly the figure Tottenham Hotspur reportedly bid for the player. last year. Spurs were unsuccessful in that attempt.

"It will be much higher than the offer from Tottenham Hotspur," Brands added. "He will be very expensive."

PSV coach Phillip Cocu told the media after Saturday's title triumph that he expected both Depay and midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum to leave. Depay played at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil as the Netherlands finished third before Louis van Gaal quit as head coach to take over at Manchester United.

INQUIRY.

Do we call him Depay or do we call him Memphis? Doesn't he wear Memphis on his shirt because he never knew his dad (i.e. Mr. Depay) or something?

And PSV surely won't be able to hold out for up to £40 million for any of their players, they are a small fish in a very big pond when clubs like United and Real Madrid are after their players.

Do we call him Depay or do we call him Memphis? Doesn't he wear Memphis on his shirt because he never knew his dad (i.e. Mr. Depay) or something?

And PSV surely won't be able to hold out for up to £40 million for any of their players, they are a small fish in a very big pond when clubs like United and Real Madrid are after their players.

I reckon you ought to call him Memphis then unless you want Depay the price :shifty:

• Like 2

I think he did know his dad, but he abandoned him at a young age.

How long has he got left on his contract? They might want to cash in now rather than lose him for nothing in a year or two, so £14.5m might be about right.

Chelsea have 'made contact' with Inter Milan and lodged an 'inquiry' over striker Mauro Icardi.

Decent player, but considering his personal circumstances I'm not sure Chelsea would actually want him.

His personal circumstances?

Back when both Icardi and Maxi Lopez were at Sampdoria, Lopez's wife and Icardi were having an affair. This continued after they both left Sampdoria and only came out in like 2013. Lopez and his wife, the Argentine TV personality Wanda Nara. Icardi and Nara are now married and Icardi has a tattoo with the names of Maxi Lopez's three children on his arm.