Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

They already have Sirigu, Cech would be an older, very minor upgrade at best. I don't see how that's going to improve them considering Zlatan is getting older and Cavani is probably on the way out of the club.

Newcastle are favourites to sign Middlesbrough/Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford on a season-long loan. The Magpies are also considering a move for highly-rated Rayo Vallecano coach Paco Jemez.

Liverpool face slight interest from Arsenal and Barcelona for Internazionale's midfielder Mateo Kovacic.

Spurs will offer Andros Townsend + 10M to sign Southampton's Morgan Schneiderlin. Spurs are also willing to listen to offers for Erik Lamela.

Bournemouth aim to make Birmingham's Demarai Gray their first signing for the 15/16 season, with the fee hanging around 5.5M.

Never!!!!!

Spurs willing to listen for offers for Lamela is just bizarre to me. Been one of their best players at times this season.

That's more like it :D

Lamela leaving seems daft. If it was the other season after he struggled I'd understand but he's been pretty decent from when I've seen him play.

Hasn't he got multiple years left on his contract as well? Just seems like whoever's come up with that story has just completely made it up.

A made up transfer story? STOP THE PRESSES.

• Like 1

Look, he's good and all at the little town side he's been playing at, but he's totally untested at top flight, English football, where the level of play is so much higher. There's no evidence to suggest he could play for a top English side.

The amusing thing is, from Madrid's point of view, a £100m fee would represent a 35% increase on what they bought him for (whereas £85m was worth €100m two years ago, nowadays £100m is worth €135m). Nice business if you can get it...

Alternatively, someone at a newspaper has pulled the £100m figure out of their arse because it's a big, easy, round, flashy number. I wonder which is more likely? :shifty:

• Like 1

Arsenal will let Lukas Podolski leave for nothing this summer. Could be good at Brasileirao, he likes the country and all.

If Chelsea do not offer Didier Drogba an extension this summer, his destiny is likely the MLS.

Stoke City are challenging West Ham for Sampdoria's midfielder Pedro Oblang.

Leicester City are watching Hadjuk Split midfielder Tino-Sven Susic.

Phil Jones and Ashley Young are set to sign new contracts with Manchester United this summer.

Bournemouth hope to make Celtic's Charlie Mulgrew their first signing of the transfer window.

Arsenal will let Lukas Podolski leave for nothing this summer. Could be good at Brasileirao, he likes the country and all.

If Chelsea do not offer Didier Drogba an extension this summer, his destiny is likely the MLS.

Phil Jones and Ashley Young are set to sign new contracts with Manchester United this summer.

Bournemouth hope to make Celtic's Charlie Mulgrew their first signing of the transfer window.

alberto-del-rio.jpg

• Like 3

I like to imagine for Prem players the MLS is like the end of Return of the King when Frodo,Bilbo, Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel leave Middle Earth on the ship.

Gerrard, Drogba departing for their last big payday.

The amusing thing is, from Madrid's point of view, a £100m fee would represent a 35% increase on what they bought him for (whereas £85m was worth €100m two years ago, nowadays £100m is worth €135m). Nice business if you can get it...

Alternatively, someone at a newspaper has pulled the £100m figure out of their arse because it's a big, easy, round, flashy number. I wonder which is more likely? :shifty:

Of course, we're all making a fucking joke, aren't we? Nobody's taking 100m seriously until you rolled in and decided it needed non-sarcastic ridiculing :P

I like to imagine for Prem players the MLS is like the end of Return of the King when Frodo,Bilbo, Gandalf, Elrond and Galadriel leave Middle Earth on the ship.

Is there a post credit sequence I haven't seen where they all come back on loan to make twenty minute cameos in the next round of fighting?

• Like 3

Is there a post credit sequence I haven't seen where they all come back on loan to make twenty minute cameos in the next round of fighting?
it is in the next hobbit trilogy

They make cameos when they really shouldn't be there but make them just so people can be like "Oh its ___!!!"

alberto-del-rio.jpg

But but. I thought Chelsea was his destiny...

ADRDestiny2.png