Summer Transfer Window Thread 2015

Rich

• Admin
Inter vice-president Javier Zanetti has claimed Internazionale are close to agreeing a deal to sign Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure.
The Serie A club, who are coached by former City boss Roberto Mancini, are eager to end the 32-year-old's five-year spell in the Premier League.
"We are at the stage where we hope we can complete it," Zanetti told Italian paper Gazzetta dello Sport. "Yaya would give us that leap in quality."

The Express are claiming we're planning a swoop for Cleverley and Jonny Evans. I think if Martinez can get the best out of Cleverley it'll be a good signing given Barry's age and our injury problems, but Evans wont get in the team ahead of Jagielka and Stones. Hes a good backup to have when your other option's Alcaraz but I'm not sure 10m is an acceptable price for a third choice centre-back.

Jonny Evans? Please no. I'm not keen on Cleverley either but, he's got Barry and Lennon playing back at a level they hadn't been at in a while so maybe it'd work for him. The defence really needs sorting out overall, and I do not think Evans is what is needed. Jags is the experienced head, proven quality is what needs to be added to complement him and Stones.

Chelsea have been linked to Pedro a bunch, but I don't think with any prices attached - only at the "they could be interested" (or EYEING A SWOOP) level.

Also we're up to variant #53 of Cech Transfer Rumours, with the latest suggesting a (part?) exchange deal with Walcott coming the other way. This would - from my perspective - probably be the worst part-exchange deal ever witnessed if it happened.