If you could re-experience any game for the first time again, what would it be?

probablyoliver

Mass Effect 2. I've played it like 10 times but I still enjoy it every time. The way you go around recruiting your team like a good heist movie is something I never get tired of. The team is so great too. I love them like real people and I have literally cried like a baby when they died.

All this applies to 3 too but the first game didn't age well

This pretty much says it all for me, as well.

Alternate Choice: Xenosaga Pt. 1.

I wish I could re-experience for the first time a lot that has been mentioned already. (Red Dead, Most GTA's, Heavy Rain, The Last of Us, Sims games, THPS, Fallout 3 and many more)

But one I would add is another Rockstar game and that is Bully.

Bully is so so good. It probably won't get a sequel or get remastered which is a shame because it hasn't aged terribly well, but it's still one of my favourites.

"You say you weren't there, well I know you're lying."

"Oh yeah? Prove it."

"The murder weapon has a serial number and when we checked the store it was bought from the register had your name on it!"

"Psh, that don't mean nothin'."

In fairness, they're correct. :P

Not when he buys the thing like an hour before the murder and other details that never seem to matter in LA Noire.

It's just annoying when the suspicion response is the one they actually want you to use even though you can actually place the guy at the scene of the crime with witness statements that aren't put into evidence and other factors.

Plus blowing it off is hardly a realistic reaction unless you're a mob guy. Stuff like that just annoyed me.

The best part of LA Noire was that your hat would drop off if you got punched.

LA Noire was fucked because they mis-labelled the interview actions and made it confusing to what it originally was.

Still, can you imagine LA Noire 2 as done by Telltale? I'd love that.

"You say you weren't there, well I know you're lying."

"Oh yeah? Prove it."

"The murder weapon has a serial number and when we checked the store it was bought from the register had your name on it!"

"Psh, that don't mean nothin'."

In fairness, they're correct. :P

Not when he buys the thing like an hour before the murder and other details that never seem to matter in LA Noire.

It's just annoying when the suspicion response is the one they actually want you to use even though you can actually place the guy at the scene of the crime with witness statements that aren't put into evidence and other factors.

Plus blowing it off is hardly a realistic reaction unless you're a mob guy. Stuff like that just annoyed me.

IIRC, the doubt/suspicious choice was written and recorded as "Coax" instead which caused a lot of weird confusion like this.

I kind of think Pokémon would be amazing to play again. No knowledge of EVs, IVs, natures, what moves are best for which set and the such, just the pure enjoyment 12 year old me had playing the game.

Team Charizard, Articuno, Mewtwo, Butterfree, Pidgeot and Snorlax FTW.

• 2 months later...

Hmm... this is a good one!

World of WarCraft is one I wish I could experience again with fresh eyes. There was such a sense of wonder wandering around that vast world the first time, and it was always throwing up new and challenging things. I'd never played a multiplayer game like it before, and even as somebody with only a passing interest in the setting it was a thrill to find these places from 'history'.

Myth: The Fallen Lords is another one. Bungie's RTT game was just amazing and still is. So atmospheric, so visceral, and so different from the YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS style strategy games that existed out there at the time.

Escape Velocity is another one I'd love to experience for the first time again, especially with the various plugins that expanded upon both the universe and the gameplay. The thrill of exploration, the storylines that broke your heart a little bit, and the construction of an intergalactic empire were just good fun.