If you could re-experience any game for the first time again, what would it be?

probablyoliver

Give me £400 and we'll talk :P

In fact, blame my work, I was relying on my bonus this year, and even though we reached our targets, we're not getting it. That was going to be what bought my PS4 with no worries.

Cunts.

I haven't even experienced Red Dead for the first time!

It is as good a tale as Last of Us.

Red Dead Redemption is a really good shout. I loved it the first time and everything that happened was awesome. I never wanted to replay it knowing what happens, but its been long enough now that if a HD version came along I'd definitely go for it.

I forgot to mention before as well, Beyond: Two Souls. Loved it so much and it was beautiful in so many ways.

Final Fantasy 7 had everything for me story-wise, it made me laugh, cry, scream at TV and get so fucking sad when it was reaching it's end, even though I was also exhausted by that point.

God of War is probably the most fun I've ever had playing a video game for the first time, though. I just got so into it, and I had very little clue about Greek mythology or anything else about it.

So yeah, probably one of those two.

Many of the ones that apply to me have been said, so I'll give a mention to Spec Ops: The Line. I've played it a couple of times, and even though the second go-around still felt worth my time as a way of picking up on things I'd missed the first time, some of the gut-punch moments that occur as the story unfolds are among the most impactful I've ever experienced in a video game, and the surprise factor is so effective in adding another layer of jarring subversion of the genre's traditional conventions.

I forgot to mention before as well, Beyond: Two Souls. Loved it so much and it was beautiful in so many ways.

Besides Heavy Rain, I've never felt more invested in a character than in Beyond: Two Souls. The chapter where you get invited to the party took me through the emotions of happiness, feeling betrayed and downright anger and revenge within minutes.

The other chapter that grabbed my emotions the most was probably the one where you're homeless and meet the others and then the woman gives birth...and the scene after that. I remember thinking....

Screw it. Kill or maim my character if you want, but if you DARE harm that mother or newborn baby I'm throwing this game out of the window..."

• Like 1

Skies of Arcadia.

It is my favorite game of all time, and I still play through it every once and a while, but the story in incredible, and I remember the first time I beat it (I would have been around 15-16), I was amazed by the story going into the final part.

If we're talking Final Fantasy games, that time you storm in the Dollet beach in FF8 is pretty incredible the first time you do it. And the next 500 times. Also, the all-out war in Galbadia Garden at the end of Disc 2 has a great sense of chaos to it. Flying Balamb into Galbadia, having a fist fight with a paratrooper as you glide over the two factions kicking the piss out of each other. God, the first two discs of that game have some great moments.

• Like 1

LA Noire as well, thinking about it. The whole idea of it was genius, and it has pretty neat gameplay. Shame it doesn't really have all that much replayability though.

While I loved the idea of LA Noire, there was a flaw where you needed an exact object to refute a statement and that bugged the crap out of me.

"You say you weren't there, well I know you're lying."

"Oh yeah? Prove it."

"The murder weapon has a serial number and when we checked the store it was bought from the register had your name on it!"

"Psh, that don't mean nothin'."

"Oh yeah? Prove it."

"The murder weapon has a serial number and when we checked the store it was bought from the register had your name on it!"

In fairness, they're correct. :P

"Oh yeah? Prove it."

Not when he buys the thing like an hour before the murder and other details that never seem to matter in LA Noire.

It's just annoying when the suspicion response is the one they actually want you to use even though you can actually place the guy at the scene of the crime with witness statements that aren't put into evidence and other factors.

Plus blowing it off is hardly a realistic reaction unless you're a mob guy. Stuff like that just annoyed me.

I agree. It was a great concept but with a lot of flaws even before you look at the actiony sections. I enjoyed the storyline but I've no massive desire to play through it again.

"Oh yeah? Prove it."

Not when he buys the thing like an hour before the murder and other details that never seem to matter in LA Noire.

It's just annoying when the suspicion response is the one they actually want you to use even though you can actually place the guy at the scene of the crime with witness statements that aren't put into evidence and other factors.

Plus blowing it off is hardly a realistic reaction unless you're a mob guy. Stuff like that just annoyed me.

The best part of LA Noire was that your hat would drop off if you got punched.