If you could re-experience any game for the first time again, what would it be?

probablyoliver

Minecraft! I mentioned a while back in the MC thread that its just not the same when you know every little thing about the game. Still fun but not as much of an adventure anymore.

The Last of Us is definitely one I'd want to relive again. Heavy Rain just made the feels pour. My son even told me to stop playing it because it was depressing.

I also would agree with Minecraft. Although I know near nothing about the modern version of the game (post-Beta) but I know that if I go onto play it now, I'll just to the same old things I used to do and will tire of it quickly :/

Red Dead Redemption. The story was great, the setting was incredible. Then that ending

• Like 5

I was torn between Final Fantasy VII and Last of Us. I think I'd pick FFVII because I appreciate LoU the more I play it, whereas that first time playing FFVII just blew my mind, and even though I've played it countless times since, no game has captured my imagination quite like that one did the very first time.

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. It was the first big ass open world RPG I got into. I had never played a game like it prior to that as I was never a big fan of RPG's. I think it was only the fourth game I bought for my X-Box 360, and it blew my fucking mind. That first sequence when you first see the world after being in the sewer was gnarly, and I just wanted to explore for hours.

Actually, Fallout 3 was the same way for me except post apocalyptic. Loved that game.

Probably also shout out to Tony Hawk Pro Skater and Smackdown 2.

I think these games are also associated with good times in my life which helps, so I'm not just wanting to experience the games for the first time but those periods of time in my life.

FF8, FFX and Silent Hill 2 are the ones that spring to mind for me. Easily my favourite games of all time.

FFX in particular because, at the time, I wasn't really up on game releases (I basically played PES, MGS2 and Smackdown), and we were visiting my grandparents. My sisters and I would go to the local Blockbuster with my Grandma and each rent a film. I saw FFX on the shelf, having not even known that it existed. My Grandma bought it for me (because she was awesome), and I still remember the opening scene, and losing my shit at the fact it had voice acting in. Good times.

Another game I would love to experience again would be World of Warcraft. My group of friends were way into it during our uni days and when it was all new it just felt so massive. Every time an expansion comes out we jump back on together but it's never the same :(

• Like 1

I'd agree with Bioshock as my main one, getting to meet Andrew Ryan and explore Rapture from scratch would be wonderful.

As much as I loved Final Fantasy IX - it was the first RPG I ever really played - I don't think it would have the same impact on me now so I wouldn't include it. Same for Rogue Galaxy which I adored at the time.