Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Also, I don't think its in either of these videos but during the live reveal there was some footage of a 'fighting pit' type thing and I swear that one of the guys was actually Brock Lesnar.

Edit: Found it, was actually a still but yeah.

brock.png

• Like 4

Since the videos don't make it 100% clear unless it's mentioned in the gameplay thing that I was skipping through; the protagonists are both the brother and the sister, meaning this is the first main series Assassin's Creed release with a female protagonist. Huzzah! I might buy this game for more than $20 out of appreciation! Like... $30. Or if the reviews are actually great for once, maybe even $40? But probably $30.

Can you use the hidden blades whenever again? Hated that in Unity you could only use them for assassinations

Since the videos don't make it 100% clear unless it's mentioned in the gameplay thing that I was skipping through; the protagonists are both the brother and the sister, meaning this is the first main series Assassin's Creed release with a female protagonist. Huzzah! I might buy this game for more than $20 out of appreciation! Like... $30. Or if the reviews are actually great for once, maybe even $40? But probably $30.

I don't know man. We waited like 2 months and got Unity for $11.75

Well, kind of. Apparently it's more like 75% playing as the guy, 25% as the girl.

Unity has really soured the Assassin's Creed franchise for me. It will take some very positive reviews and some strong new features for me to even consider a day one buy. I'm thinking I'll probably just hold off a couple of months until the price of used copies drops.

I don't know man. We waited like 2 months and got Unity for $11.75

Cuz Unity was such a biggy mess everyone got rid of it early. I bought my copy a few months after it came out, after downloading all the patches, and it crashed 3 times in 2 hours. Haven't touched it since

All Assassin's Creed games drop in price pretty rapidly, though. I got Black Flag for $20 around this time last year. Unity I got a physical copy of for $20 last month.

Because of the abundance of digital codes for Black Flag and Unity on the One you could get both on Unity's launch for like £25. They're practically giving both away now however many months down the line, think lowest BF has been is £3 and Unity was like £7/8 the other day. Crazy.

Is Unity skipable? I was a year late playing Black Flag and given the feeling on Unity, I'm not that enthusiastic about playing through it!

I'd say both storywise and gameplay wise that it is a pretty skippable experience.

Is Unity skipable? I was a year late playing Black Flag and given the feeling on Unity, I'm not that enthusiastic about playing through it!

Are you at all interested in the overarching sci-fi conspiracy storyline? If not, I believe that you can more or less pick and choose which games to play without missing out on anything.

Are you at all interested in the overarching sci-fi conspiracy storyline? If not, I believe that you can more or less pick and choose which games to play without missing out on anything.

I'm somewhat interested in the outside the animus storyline. Black Flag was amazing but it really felt like treading water with the other story since the big ending of AC3. Is it more of the same as Black Flag or do they advance that aspect of the story much?

I never had any problem with Unity - played it long after it came out, so probably had plenty of patches by that point, but never encountered a single bug or error that I can remember. I thought the gameplay - especially the free-running - was a hell of a lot smoother than any of the other games I'd played in the series, and that the setting was stunning, with some great characters. Bits of just felt a bit samey and tedious, but I don't think it deserves some of the criticisms it got.

I'm looking forward to this one, though - I'm a sucker for a Victorian London setting, it should introduce a ton of new gameplay mechanics, and I'm really curious to see what historical figures, events, artefacts and so on they tie into the narrative.

Also, holy shit is that Brock Lesnar thing real?

Edited by Skummy
  • Like 1

I'm looking forward to having a game where the British aren't the villians. Well, I mean they probably are.. but they're the 'heroes' too. This is one of a few settings which I've wanted for ages though.

As for the Brock thing, yeah its real. I watched the live stream of the reveal and I saw it on that... I got the picture elsewhere as I wasn't quick enough to get a screen shot, but its definitely real. I'd love it if its more than just a random reference... if they modelled a character on Brock and he's voiced it too, it'll be quite surreal but also amazing.

ASSASSIN uses throwing knife on BROCK LESNAR

It is not effective.

ASSASSIN uses wrist blades on BROCK LESNAR

It is not effective.

ASSASSIN uses hallucinogenic darts on BROCK LESNAR

It is not effective.

BROCK LESNAR uses F5 on ASSASSIN

Game over. Disc melts. Console catches fire.

• Like 5