Your five favorite bands

RPS

10 years ago I could have easily said Blink 182, Audioslave, RHCP, Green Day and Nirvana and be done without question, but to be honest none of them ring my bell like they used to for various reasons. This thread has kind of made me realise that I don't really listen to artists any more, I just tend to go song by song. Weird how that changed.

1. Twenty One Pilots

2. Panic! at the Disco

3. Prides

4. Jeremy Loops

5. Deaf Havana

It's tough. Other than the top two, everything else is so interchangeable, like tomorrow I could easily put Brandon Flowers in and drop Prides down a couple of notches. Though Prides having released a new track today probably helped me place them...

So Otomo Yoshihide and Pet Shop Boys are definitely on the list but beyond that, I am having trouble deciding on a structured list. I could namedrop David Bowie, Scott Walker, Ornette Coleman or Meshuggah easily but I would have a hard time listing them thoroughly, seeing as I have not listened to their complete discographies (yet).

And then there is the matter of artists I am exploring now who might very well end up being personal favorites, like Keiji Haino, Albert Ayler, Merzbow, Fred Frith, Ground Zero and many more.

My points is that having static favorites is very hard for me.

• 2 weeks later...

The Gaslight Anthem, Reuben, Soundgarden, Nirvana, and Marvin Gaye.

It's a close one between Gaye and Michael Jackson; you have have some nice, fun Motowny stuff to dance to!

• 3 weeks later...