Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

3 hours ago, brenchill said:

£30m?!?! :lol:

Well, £25m plus potential add ons.

Averaged a goal or assist every 91 minutes two seasons running in Austria, translates to every 138 minutes in England. Ridiculous numbers for someone that isn't a striker, plus fits the manager's style of play etc. It's really not that high a price to pay.

Is Sadio Mané going to be a game-changer for Liverpool in a way that Gotze or Lucas Moura could've been/can be or has the upside of an Ousmane Dembelé (just naming him, probably he wouldn't come)? I don't think so. Good option, but not exactly what the club is needing right now.

Edited by Rafael

15 minutes ago, Rafael said:

Is Sadio Mané going to be a game-changer for Liverpool in a way that Gotze or Lucas Moura could've been/can be or has the upside of an Ousmane Dembelé (just naming him, probably he wouldn't come)? I don't think so. Good option, but not exactly what the club is needing right now.

Ah, but you're not factoring in PREMIER LEAGUE EXPERIENCE!

17 hours ago, Rafael said:

um, Mane's numbers over the last three seasons absolutely blow Goetze's away. I'd have liked Goetze for a number of reasons, but likewise he has just as many question marks surrounding him. Choosing him over Mane would be a case of going for name value over figures grounded in reality. Dembele already moved to Dortmund.

Mane is exactly what the club is needing right now, and it's a refreshing change of pace for us.

• Like 1

Bollocks, if Goetze had just signed for Liverpool you'd be extolling him as the test tube clone of Maradona and Pele.

• Like 10

On 24/06/2016 at 09:22, brenchill said:

No way is Mane worth 2 Alan Shearers.

Adjusted for inflation he is worth about 1 Alan Shearer.

You see Brench, over time the value of money implicitly changes due to the perception of what goods and services are worth, a pound now is not worth what a pound was 20 years ago, or even a week a go.

• Like 5

And with the TV deal, these transfers will become commonplace. It's going to take a lot more to get a Watford or a Southampton (unless the latter continues to be a selling club for some reason) to sell their best players, because they are just that much more financially secure. It's going to take some serious mismanagement for an established Premier League club to end up in financial trouble.

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

Adjusted for inflation he is worth about 1 Alan Shearer.

You see Brench, over time the value of money implicitly changes due to the perception of what goods and services are worth, a pound now is not worth what a pound was 20 years ago, or even a week a go.

It was a joke between me and Benji, since we had a discussion in this very thread about how Benji still sees Alan Shearer as the bench mark of transfer fees all these years later ;)