Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

I think its good tbh. The new TV deal means teams like Watford and Southampton won't have to rebuild every summer when the big boys come in for their stars. By having the financial stability that the TV deal provides, you can easily turn down £20 million for a player that if you have to replace him, you could easily spend that much and more on a player that for whatever reason won't fit the league, won't fit the style of play or just won't perform.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Benji said:

Is it weird that I still think of Alan Shearer as the price point for players? My immediate thought was "like fuck is Troy Deeney worth 1.25 Alan Shearers."

I actually used to do this, too. I've moved on to Sergio Aguero now though.

• Like 1

Multiples (or usually, fractions) of Fernando Torres is still a fairly common one. 1 Alan Shearer is 0.3 of a Fernando Torres? No.

I can just about handle 1 Alan Shearer being equal to 1 Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. That's an exchange rate I don't mind using, redundant though it is. :shifty: 

Don't worry, Chelsea won't get [insert any striker you actually rate here].

We'll get rid of Remy, Pato and Falcao and our senior team's strikers will be Costa, Traore and some guy we pick up for £5m or so in the last week of August who'll never get a game.

38 minutes ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

So, United are going to sign Ibrahimovic, Chelsea get Morata, City get Aubamayeng, Liverpool get Higuain and Arsenal get rejected by Vardy.

What a perfect summer that will be. :blush:

We don't want Higuain supposedly. So there is that.

31 minutes ago, metalman said:

And I very much doubt  Higuain wants Liverpool.

Works out well for both sides then doesn't it <_<

1 hour ago, WE'VE GOT AMOND! said:

You keep telling yourself that 

Works out well for both sides then doesn't it :shifty:

• Like 1