Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

I do like it when someone makes a 'Skills and Goals' Youtube video for a centre back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gazz said:

I do like it when someone makes a 'Skills and Goals' Youtube video for a centre back.

He's the one that's on the receiving end of all of them.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

He's also a twat on the Suarez or Mauro Icardi level.

No he isn't.

If you can't sense that there is a knowingness about Zlatan and his arrogance,  more fool you. He knows what sells about him, and milks it. Suarez is a cheating fuck, Zlatan isn't. Plus, he is a better player than Suarez  and Icardi. Most of the best players have a level of arrogance about them.

• Like 3

I couldn't give a shit about his arrogance, you're talking to someone whose favourite active player is CR7.

Ibra is a twat because he assaults teammates and opponents, threatens to attack his managers and is an all round dickish kind of guy. He's a superb player (arguably not better than Suarez) but he's also a grade A cuntnugget.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Benji said:

Signing another goalie and selling our top striker. Not how I envisioned this summer going.

To be fair, this new goalie is probably better than all your others combined. And getting £30m for Vardy is brilliant business, considering his age imo. 

Yeah, 20m+ for a 29 year old striker who for all we know has had a one-off excellent season and an experienced Bundesliga keeper aren't exactly a pair of deals I'd be turning my nose at.

Take that money and get another good experienced striker in for less and you're pretty set. Will just be adding squad options and building on what you have then. Centre back with some youth on his side wouldn't hurt you since Huth and Morgan are both over 30.

I'm not entirely keen on Vardy to us but I suppose it's better than not signing anyone. Would have much rather had a proper centre back brought in but eh. Who am I kidding.

Is Ibra to Man U actually happening?

10 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

I couldn't give a shit about his arrogance, you're talking to someone whose favourite active player is CR7.

tbf, calling Ronaldo "CR7" is mire twattish than anything Zlatan has ever done. >_>

• Like 12